Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Digital DJing setup questions

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi. i am trying to puit together a system for MP3 DJing on a MAC Powerbook or PC Laptop.
Till recently i was not familiar with Virtual DJ at all....can someone please compare this to TRAKTOR DJ STUDIO---just some differences or user experiences.

Also i want to know what FX Virtual Dj has built in...i am most interested in Filter and EQ kills. And what functions can be assigned to MIDI controllers as i will be getting a MIDI controller for sure.

btw , has anyone seen the new Evolution X-Session UC17 ?? its their PC/MAC compatible MIDI controller for DJ's. Looks cool.

Cheers and thanks

Posted Thu 04 Dec 03 @ 5:17 am
VDJ its easy and powerfull. Tracktor copy the best functions of VDJ and its not so easy to use.
I use both whit x-session, and traktor works better whit midi controllers. VDJ needs a lot of CPU and memory, but if u have a new and powerfull laptop its not a problem.
In my laptop (Centrino 1.6, 0.7Gb Ram, 80Gb HD 5.4k) VDJ runs like charm, but when i use x-session and control Eq, Efx, and stuff, VDJ become slowest and the sound clicks and clacks and also are some delay in the controls, sometimes they seems to be not realtime. (Traktor Doesnt)

So if u want a good soft to use whit a controller, right now, traktor is for you, but i think that VDJ is better in all ways. So wait for developers fix those bugs or get traktor.

Black:)

PS: Sorry for my english.

Posted Sun 09 Apr 06 @ 9:38 pm
BTW: X-session is PC/MAC compatible and u dont have to install noting. (No driver requiered)
Just plugin and choose what controll do things in the software that u wanna controll.

Tryed in XP Sp2, Vista and OSX 10.4.5 and works fine.

Posted Sun 09 Apr 06 @ 9:42 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)