Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Splitting Tracks

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Is there a program (or a way) to split up a WAV file, so that there are several tracks with non-stop music (with no breaks). I just recorded through the RECORD function a 35 minute mix, and I would like to split it into several tracks on my CD when I burn it, but don't know how. I know that there is a program out there for splitting MP3's, but haven't seen one for WAV's.
In addition, is it possible to record in MP3 format.

Thanx.

Posted Tue 06 Feb 01 @ 1:52 pm
Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
Before to buy my new computer, i used my sb16's programs!
One, called WAV STUDIO, could edit some big wav files. With time, i have passed to split a big wav in some small wav but it is very difficult!

Posted Tue 06 Feb 01 @ 3:21 pm
PillBoyHome userMember since 2001
I find Goldwave to be a very good program to use. You can section off parts and paste them to new files, or as I do, start from the end and just cut and paste to new files so that you have it split into indivudual tracks. It also is good for playing with the RMS from the finished sound file.
Sometimes I find my recordings come out too quiet from the Atomix prog. Simply increasing the volume can give distortion but increasing the RMS gives far less and makes the music appear louder. It has loads of other cool tricks aswell. This in combo with Atomix is the ultimate in home CD creating kits. It also can be set up to convert to MP3 automatically for you.

Posted Tue 06 Feb 01 @ 7:12 pm
PillBoyHome userMember since 2001
One other note. I was doing this with ~80 minute wav files that were about 1.5 gig in size and Goldwave handles it no prob on my AMD K6-2 450 with 128mb ram. It can take a while to "deflash" the file but once it has it's a totally smooth operation.

Posted Tue 06 Feb 01 @ 7:15 pm
GrimmPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Splitting up tracks causes "pauses" or split second silence between tracks.
You'll want to use a CUE file and a cd writer program that can use cue files, like CDRWin. (It's shareware, but you can burn at 1x speeds all you like. Registered, it burns as fast as your cd writer can handle.)
Check the Atomix Wish List Forum for the topic Mixing Out. You'll see an example of a cue file there. (Simple text file.)

Posted Tue 06 Feb 01 @ 9:51 pm
Rodie83Home userMember since 2001
Hi there, i use cd wave to split my .wav file! Extremely effective and this program is also very cheap (or just crack it, like i did ;-) Just load the track in the program, quite fast done by the way, and where you want to split, just push the split button. Than just save and the program copies all the tracks you just splitted to the directory where you want them! Quite easy, isn't it? And the last thing: use cdrwin to burn your tracks on cd (www.goldenhawk.com), because in this program you can choose how much space is between the numbers (just keep it at zero seconds, and your cd is perfect!!) Cd wave can be found at www.yippee.net (that's where i found atomix too :-)
, categorie audio, audioeditors. hope that's enough! Ltrzzzz
DJ Reed
PS English isn't my best language so i hope you understand this!
PS2 Don't burn in mp3 format while cd-players can't read mp3

Posted Wed 07 Feb 01 @ 10:48 am
mamaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hi all,

first: PLEASE DO NOT CRACK PROGRAMMS!!!! The authors of such software invested a lot of time to code their programms and want you to feel free to test it, but not to pirate em! If you work, you also want your boss to pay.

A good software to edit and burn is feurio. It´s shareware without any charge. If you think it´s good, register it.
You can edit your mixes, split it to several tracks with or without a pause between the tracks, and burn it on CD. It comes with a great help and diagnostic tool. But you can´t save the track marks to the wave file, only on audio CD.

mama

Posted Mon 12 Feb 01 @ 8:38 am
ctndjHome userMember since 2004
Uhh try SoundForge.

Then burn with Nero. Take the track gaps out.

Posted Sun 01 Apr 01 @ 12:08 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)