Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Just got the DJ CONSOLE TODAY!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

heh nice mixer only thing is that how can i use my cross fader with vdj and also, i heard that the cd gives u samples, i cant find em, and one more thing da level in VDJ deck B is always shaking or vibrating, thx for your time =)

Posted Wed 03 Dec 03 @ 1:12 am
OjLenoHome userMember since 2003
Got mine today too, but I haven't tried the CD sample thing yet. I only tried VDJ so far. As for the crossfader question, you will have to expand, cause all i do is flip it back and forth and VDJ just follows along.

Quick question for Hercules DJ console owners... I'm wondering if anyone has this same problem. I sent it to Hercules just now... please respond if you do or don't have the same problem... cause if lots of pple have it, then I'll return this and wait for somone else to come out with something better.

--------------------------------------------
Hi, I just recieved my Hercules DJ Console this afternoon. After installing the drivers and software (Virtual DJ), I realized the DJ Controller is having a problem activating multiple buttons when I only press one.

Here are the facts I notice, and It seems to come down to pressure placed on the bottom 1/3rd of the controller.

When I press the left PLAY/PAUSE button, the right PLAY/PAUSE button also activates (about 90% of the time, no matter if I use light pressure or not). About 60% of the time, pressing the left play/pause button will activate the following: 1) The right play/pause; 2) either FX#3, Cue#3, or Loop#3 (depending on what is currently lit up in the right deck); and 3) the Master Tempo buttons for BOTH decks A and B.

I found that the left Play/Pause button is the worst for this. However, I get the same effect by the little bump of sliding the headphone into the headphone jack on the bottom of the controller. I also get it by pressing down on the panel around the crossfader, all the way up to the Auto Beat buttons. I can also get it by pressing down on the crossfader itself. Sometimes I can get it just by tapping my index finger against the bottom left side of the controller. Finally, the same thing will happen about 25% of the time just by picking up the controller and turning it upsied down.

This happens on BOTH my laptop and my desktop, stock USB cable and quality USB 2.0 cable.
--------------------------------------------------

Sound familiar to anyone? Is anyone in the french forum talking about this? (I can't speak French).

Posted Wed 03 Dec 03 @ 4:23 am
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
looks like you got a bad one, must have fallen hard or something :(
I haven't read anyone else (here or on the french forum) having such problems. you should exchange it.

Posted Wed 03 Dec 03 @ 9:58 am
w03paHome userMember since 2003
i also got these kind of problems, the crossdafer is acting all strange in virtual dj moving from the left to the right really fast.
and some buttons don't work

is the quality that bad??

Posted Wed 03 Dec 03 @ 4:07 pm
Having a problem here as well. Its not really noticable unless you look for it but its a potentially bad problem. When using teh Keymapping application taht come with th e console i tested all the controls in a texteditor. I noticed that the job wheels arnt very trustwothy. Lets say you set L for spinning left and R for spinning right. If you do say a few left turns it will look something liek this: LLLLLLLLLLRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLR...... so its got freak info in there. seems liek a manufacturing problem to me. Does anyone else have this prob?

Posted Sat 06 Dec 03 @ 2:20 am
djlarsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Got the console today, have used it for 3-4 hours, and am HAPPY to say I've not experienced these communication+mechanical failures you describe here.

Buttons are responisive, but I haven't got used to the little delay between push, crossfades etc. yet - I'm used to more responsive players.... but guess this will grow into a habit after some more useage.

The fx/cue/loop buttons (1-2-3) are a little "hard", sometimes has to be pushed twice to react, jogwheels are much better than expected, and gives a nices backspin effect from a paused cuepoint with a snappy fingermove. Seems sturdy enough too!

This is a totally fresh product, still in it's newborn v.1.0 stage, and IF it has capabilities for midi-adressing of functions, and this feat./treat will be added q1 next year it's simply a steal at this low price!!

*I hate U(seless)S(erial)B(us) in many ways* and use this console as the single usb-device on a clean computer.
Guess most of the latency in controls come from the usb, as a soundcard it works amazingly well consider the interface..

Guess you remember the first usb mouses which simply stopped responding when the machine worked hard - this is my greatest fear with this product; some memory or process "leakage" two hours into a gig, and you have to reboot to get online again...
Well it'll be a long time before i dish my cd-deck anyway ;o)

Midi control with usb left to transfer sound on this device is one of my hopes for the new year!

Seems like Hercules have started something new here, the upcoming "prosumer" firewire 16in/12out with aes/ebu and dual midi audiointerface is gotta be a hit, priced at just some more than the Terratec EWS88 MT pci card with it's breakout box..

Posted Fri 12 Dec 03 @ 4:42 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)