Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: First use of VDJ last night report

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

docPRO InfinityMember since 2020
As I was with the first time I used Automixmp3, I was even more pleased with the first use of VDJ. I installed it into my laptop (gateway 1,300 with 256 ram), did the analyzing thingy, and went right to the gig. No testing, no playing, nothing, mainly since I used the Automix before. Being just a tad bit nervous with a crowd of over 1,000 by 10pm, I just dove in head first, of course with my other laptop hooked up and ready for a backup. I pulled mixes that had tech people and clubbers stairing, and this was just with the VDJ's internal mixer and no cueing. The only problem's I had was a few temp. freezes with video and a short repeat of the music, which actually sounded like I was doing it on purpose with the looping effects. The other problem was with VDJ doing it's own BPM calcs. I had a problem with quite a few songs and VDJ doing the beat loc/sync thingy. Both problems I know can be overcome. I will be tweaking the laptop this week. Looking for an external sound card so I can hook with two external sliders and of course cueing. I will also be going back and manually rechecking the BPM. In all, I am very pleased (as in the past) with VDJ and am looking forward to reading the specs,help info avail. to me and diving back into the works of the program.

Posted Sun 30 Nov 03 @ 4:24 pm
upgrade your "ram"and the problems are gone:-)

Posted Sun 30 Nov 03 @ 8:05 pm
docPRO InfinityMember since 2020
Never did laptop ram before. Must ask my resources. Thanks

Posted Mon 01 Dec 03 @ 12:58 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)