Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Old Jogwheel Loop Move mode
Hi y'all. I used to have a Denon HC4500. It had a button called "Jog Mode" it gave me the ability to put the jog wheel into LOOP MOVE mode and I could fine tune the loop.

I now have a Roland DJ 202 and a Denon MC7000 controller. Both are similar whereas you can enter the Manual Loop page, Hold Shift, hold Pad 3, and the jog wheel goes into loop Move mode BUT... the wheel moves the loop so much. Where do I set it to move the loop infinitesimally small like a smooth scrolling movement?

Thank you.
Rich

Posted Wed 22 May 24 @ 8:39 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
try something like this on your jog mapping

shift ? touchwheel 'search' : loop_adjust 'move' ? param_multiply 0.1 & touchwheel : touchwheel

Posted Wed 22 May 24 @ 9:01 pm
Thank you for your reply but unfortunately I could not get the code you provided to work. I put what you suggested into the jog wheel action area. When I start a loop, hold shift and move the jog wheel, it is still moving the loop too much.

I did find a way to move it infinitesimally but it requires me to hit loop again, hold shift, hit pad 3 for "jog", release shift and hold pad 7. Then it works as desired but thats a lot of steps. It would be great if I could just hold shift and have it move in a smaller amount.

Posted Thu 23 May 24 @ 11:35 am
I found a button on the shift page of the manual loop page called Jog Move. Pressing this button while a loop is playing sends the Jog Wheel into a smooth loop move mode. Is there a way to program the shift button so that when I hold it, it sends the jog wheel in to Jog Move mode without having to navigate through the pages to find that button? Thank you.

Posted Thu 23 May 24 @ 2:53 pm
ideally some other button than shift. Since thats often used for other things (like showing optional pads etc).

Choose a free button at the keyboard mapper and add this as action :

loop_adjust 'move'

Posted Thu 23 May 24 @ 4:33 pm