Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: FLX 10 Controller DMX through Virtual DJ
Hi, I tried looking online and through here to see if this had been posted but I didn't see anything nor do I think it's possible but I thought I'd ask. I have the Pioneer Flx 10 controller and learned that it has dmx campabilites with rekordbox however I've used virtual dj all my life.

Is it possible to use the Pioneer flx 10 dmx output into anything in virtual dj like is there any plugin or software or setting that can do or do "similiar" like the dmx that you can do in rekordbox?
I saw that the software analyzes the track and creates a "show" for you after setting up your lights.

Posted Mon 20 May 24 @ 2:05 am
Based on the DDJ FLX10 hardware manual, the output is not mapped/used by VirtualDJ. It also isn't (currently) used by Serato either.

This is probably because most other DJ software do not have lightshow creation + DMX universe manipulation built in. It also is a way to give Pioneer/AlphaTheta a minor competitive advantage against a solution of competing DJ Software + Lightshow Software setup.

Posted Mon 20 May 24 @ 4:22 pm
DJ SoundPhaze wrote :
any plugin or software or setting that can do or do "similiar" like the dmx that you can do in rekordbox?

Not directly from RB built in lights.

But VirtualDJ works with a wide range of DMX solutions, like SoundSwitch and more.

short guide and demo here as well
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrXPjoOZ1Qo

Posted Mon 20 May 24 @ 4:35 pm

Posted Mon 20 May 24 @ 4:36 pm
Rune (DJ-In-Norway) wrote :
DJ SoundPhaze wrote :
any plugin or software or setting that can do or do "similiar" like the dmx that you can do in rekordbox?

Not directly from RB built in lights.

But VirtualDJ works with a wide range of DMX solutions, like SoundSwitch and more.

short guide and demo here as well
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrXPjoOZ1Qo

Thank you this is very helpful, I appreciate the reply

Posted Fri 31 May 24 @ 8:51 am
DJ VinylTouch wrote :
Based on the DDJ FLX10 hardware manual, the output is not mapped/used by VirtualDJ. It also isn't (currently) used by Serato either.

This is probably because most other DJ software do not have lightshow creation + DMX universe manipulation built in. It also is a way to give Pioneer/AlphaTheta a minor competitive advantage against a solution of competing DJ Software + Lightshow Software setup.

Ah that makes sense, I guess you can't have it all (thank you for the reply)

Posted Fri 31 May 24 @ 8:52 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
We have figured out how the DMX is sent from the HID via the FLX10 output, but since there is no internal DMX functionality in VirtualDJ, makes no sense to implement anything at this moment.

And even if we create any kind of OS2L Addon to communicate with supported DMX apps, those Apps still need their own DMX interface to be connected, so you dont really save any port/interface/hardware here.

Posted Fri 31 May 24 @ 2:15 pm