Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Help! Lowering music to speak on radio broadcast
I use VDJ Essentials for radio broadcast. When I first started, I could take a fader down on each platter/ deck and talk over with the music volume lowering in my headphones and broadcast.
I fiddled with settings when laptop had a hissy fit and now can't do that anymore.
It's really annoying now and affects the flow of the show ending up having to pull a fader on the actual yamaha desk which then messes with the level again and again.

Please help!

Posted Mon 29 Apr 24 @ 7:59 am
tommo1PRO InfinityMember since 2010
I create a custom botton using these settings:

Posted Mon 29 Apr 24 @ 4:42 pm
Would this only work if I hold the button down?
I need to take the music up and down though

Posted Mon 29 Apr 24 @ 8:43 pm
Can anyone help further with this?

Posted Tue 21 May 24 @ 5:33 pm
user28409340 wrote :
I use VDJ Essentials for radio broadcast. When I first started, I could take a fader down on each deck and talk over with the music!

What happens now when you move the volume faders? Should still be same.
Unless you changed the audio setup, for example what you are playing out to speakers could be the headphone output instead of master.

Check your audio setup to verify its correct

Posted Tue 21 May 24 @ 5:41 pm
Thanks for getting back to me on this - it's really frustrating!
When I lower either fader on VDJ the sound goes to right side of headphones.
Sound broadcast is still the same level.

I've found the only way of talking over a bed or music is lowering the fader on the actual Yamaha mixer but I have little idea on how low or high it is with that particular piece of music until listening to the recorded broadcast later - it's still guess work.

Posted Tue 28 May 24 @ 11:59 am
PhilWPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Did you check your audio config as was suggested?

Posted Tue 28 May 24 @ 12:49 pm
Also take a look at the "splitHeadphones" setting and play around with that.

For talkover I use a custom button with "mic_talkover 20%" for switch on and off. For a short upfade during my speech I abused my keyboard num.enter key with the config "mic_talkover 20% while_pressed", this key is nice and large and easily accessible.

Maybe this can help you a little.

Posted Wed 29 May 24 @ 5:50 am