Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Can't find why I'm getting poor performance from VDJ
HELP! I'm at my wits end here....

I upgraded my laptop and I'm experiencing a lot of stuttering and choppy play when not connected to a controller.
I'm hearing intermittent crackling sounds when connected to the controller. (DDJ-FLX10) but the stuttering and choppiness goes away with controller.

My Laptop:
Acer Nitro 5 - Windows 11
Core i9 - 12th Gen
32GB RAM
Nvidia RTX 4060 soundcard

What I've done to try and fix it:
• Performance check with windows tool and with LatencyMon - no issues found and as you can expect, LOADS of processing power remaining.
• changed all settings to max performance, never sleep, etc. for optimal DJ performance
• Updated all drivers, no effect
• Rolled back windows driver, no effect
• changed video cards to the shitty acer one, no effect
• rolled back VDJ to older version, no effect
• changed audio from ASIO to WASAPI in VDJ settings, no effect
• changed the UltraLatency setting from on to off and back, no effect
• added a larger buffer, no effect

Is there anything I'm missing??? Some obscure Win 11 setting or a piece of software that conflicts? Killer maybe? I'm tired AF of trying to figure this out. Thanks in advance!

Posted Thu 25 Apr 24 @ 3:40 pm
Unfortunately, it is a bit of a jungle getting a laptop optimized for doing continuous audio processing, and Win11 has not helped
It doesn't really matter how powerful the laptop is. One bad driver or software utility installed on the laptop can ruin it, including pre-installed ones (Dell is famous for this) or ones that are part of the OS (like power management control)
So there are a few things to try - link below - or you can try analyzing it by running a monitoring software like LatencyMon
https://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/PC%20Optimize.html

Posted Fri 26 Apr 24 @ 12:21 am