Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Need to modify script to loop scratch DNA effect
Hello, Klaus Mogensen had posted this script in YouTube to loop the scratch DNA effect:

up ? repeat_stop 'loopit' & effect_active 'scratch dna' 0 : repeat_start_instant 'loopit' 10ms & effect_active 'scratch dna' ? nothing : scratch_dna 'EAEA.EAEA'

According to this, the button needs to be continuously pressed for it to play, but when releasing the button, it stops immediately and doesn't finish the scratch_dna effect if stopped in the middle of the effect playing.

Is there a way to modify this script so that when I release the button, the effect will continue playing until it is finished?

Thanks.

Posted Wed 24 Apr 24 @ 8:44 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
up ? repeat_stop 'loopit' : repeat_start_instant 'loopit' 10ms & effect_active 'scratch dna' ? nothing : scratch_dna 'EAEA.EAEA'

that wasn't obvious?

Posted Wed 24 Apr 24 @ 8:54 pm
No, lol, I am a novice when it comes to scripting. Thanks.

Posted Thu 25 Apr 24 @ 2:58 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I went back over this, I had a custom_button thing ages ago that repeated while held played the full dna sequence on release and didn't suffer from rsi fuzzy timing.

I eventually found it, but it was messy so I remade it.
For those curious the trick is calling a loop the same length as the dna sequence, then moving that loop a fraction before the position of the dna call.
The loop means the dna sequence never gets to the complete position and it's a position driven fx so it just repeats with the loop.

down ? ( effect_button "scratch dna" 3 on ? quantize_loop on ? loop 2 : quantize_loop on & loop 2 & quantize_loop off : quantize_loop on ? quantize_loop off & loop 2 & quantize_loop on : loop 2 ) & loop_move -20ms & scratch_dna "EADA.DADA." : loop 0 & play ? : play

Posted 4 days ago @ 9:12 am