Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: extra.db sid1 & sid2 values
Hi guys, for years I have been configring my own custom Linked Tracks by stuffing lists of songs in my "User 2" Field and this works like Linked tracks in that as long as I store the entire list in all related songs, i get all the songs appear for a search on any one of the songs. However, this also had the downside that finding the actual song you were searching for more tricky if these lists were long. I like your new Linked Tracks functionality better, however I don't want to have to start this process from scratch again and extract all my lists and configure them track by track. Some automation here could save the day.

What I would like to do is programatically strip these lists out and append them to the Extras.db file. I am a programmer by day so writing a script to do this won't be that difficult.

What I can't figure out is where are you getting the 19 digit sid1 & sid2 values from. I have looked through the database.xml, the music files themselves and also the mp3 IDE tags and I don't see these numbers anywhere. Are you using some form of calculation against the binary data, metadata etc?

Would be grateful for any guidance on where these values come from and if possible how I might create them for the song links i would like to append.

Thanks in advance.

Posted Sun 21 Apr 24 @ 9:13 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I can't say 100% but know it's a hash of filename, filesize and some other bits.

can't you use your old system then scroll thru with a rsi marking what's in the browser to link to the thing on deck?

Posted Sun 21 Apr 24 @ 9:27 pm
locoDog wrote :
I can't say 100% but know it's a hash of filename, filesize and some other bits.

can't you use your old system then scroll thru with a rsi marking what's in the browser to link to the thing on deck?

Thanks for the reply. I will have a play. I might be able to speed the process up my extracting all the User 2 values, split them into an array by my chosen list separator, order them by filename, take a distinct from these ordered values and see how many groups i would have to configure. Been doing this for years, so likely thousands.

Posted Sun 21 Apr 24 @ 9:39 pm