Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Omnis Duo Support
mattHome userMember since 2020
Hi, any word on when the Omnis Duo will be mapped and usable with VDJ? I have searched on here and only found the thread from Jan 25th with people talking about the controller and not if VDJ is going to support it. Thanks!

Posted Tue 12 Mar 24 @ 2:52 pm
I notice you call it a controller, but it's called a "portable all-in-one DJ system" by AlphaTheta. Products like this are aimed at DJs who don't want to be tied to computers.

I'd suggest that if you want a controller, pick one of the many hundreds already natively supported by VirtualDJ.

It's not supported by Serato yet either.

Posted Tue 12 Mar 24 @ 3:38 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Omnis Duo will be supported in next release.

However, the Omnis Duo is not designed to work as a software Controller. The "Computer mode" lacks of features that you find in the Standalone mode, so if controlling VirtualDJ (or other DJ app) is your primary option, better look for something else.

Posted Tue 12 Mar 24 @ 4:01 pm
Not here to argue semantics. I plan to use it as a controller, hence, I shall refer to it as a controller. My post, my subject, my option. I asked this question only to find out if VDJ planned to support the Omnis Duo. It WILL work as a controller as it has a software mode, which allows your laptop to see it as a controller. You can use it in controller mode, not stand alone mode, with Rekordbox already and Serato support coming at some point. Again, not the topic of my post, but I definitely want to correct misinformation so anyone else reading this isn't swayed by nonsense.

Posted Wed 13 Mar 24 @ 10:26 pm
I doubt very much whether the development manager at Atomix is talking nonsense or misinformation.

By all means though, fee free to ignore what you've been told and have fun when you find out it can't do what you expected.

Posted Wed 13 Mar 24 @ 10:33 pm
Thanks! Working DJs have as much knowledge of our gear as anyone else does, for practical applications.

Posted Wed 13 Mar 24 @ 11:14 pm