Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Some really basic questions...
Hi all!

We do kids parties and all the music is downloaded to the laptop after being checked for swears etc. Because of this we don't take requests, and are usually happy not being connected to the internet on the DJ Laptop.

If I buy the "VIRTUALDJ PRO INFINITY" option, does it need to "phone home" to check my licence periodically? This would be a right pain for me. We pretty much have a playlist with party games music and another playlist with "safe" pop music that we update on the hard drive so there's no advantage to having the internet connected. Village halls WiFi codes and mobile tethering in the wilds of Andover (3g!!???!) is something I'd like to avoid.

My second question is also related - I have a backup laptop which is pretty much a copy of the one I use. Working with kids you need backup options LOL. On the infinity licence how easy is it to switch over? Would I need to boot it up and connect to the internet or is the licence for multiple machines? Does one need to sign out before the controller would work on the other?

I know this is a bit specific, but it's the nuts and bolts of getting paid for me so any advice from anyone who understands the situation would be really appreciated!

Mark

Posted Mon 11 Mar 24 @ 9:01 pm
Once you install VDJ, you will need to connect to the internet and log in so that VDJ recognises you (which license you have). Once you're logged in, a license file is stored on your computer, so you can happily use VDJ without needing to connect at gigs.

Obviously it's a good idea to allow VDJ access to the net to check for updates once in a while.

You can install VDJ on as many computers as you like, but only two can be "logged in" (have license files on them) at once, allowing you to perform on one and have the other running as a backup.

I'd suggest keeping a copy of the license file somewhere safe on each machine, so that should one computer ask for a log in when you're at a location where you can't connect, it's just a matter of copying that file back to where it normally lives.

The file should stay on the computer though. It only gets deleted if you log out, or you have at some point logged in to a third computer, which logs out the first computer - if you run VDJ on it whilst it has a connection.

VDJ only checks online when you start it up, so if it doesn't have access when you start it, the license will stay there.

Posted Mon 11 Mar 24 @ 9:48 pm