Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Some Rev 7 Questions
Hey all- I've been using standalone gear the last 6 years, so please bare with me. I recently started using VDJ again with a Rev 7 and I have questions, despite trying to research them and look through the settings...

1. It seems saved loops only act as hot loops if the loops are saved earlier in the song. How can I make saved loops work before and after the current song location?

2. Sometimes when I load a song, the saved loop bank buttons are lit up light green, however there are no saved loops on these song banks. In order to clear these lit buttons, I have to make a loop on the respective button, then hold it down to clear it.

3. Some of my tracks are highlighted red and green. I thought this was an indication that something happened with that file in a different DJ software. Is this still true, if so what does each color signify?

4. If I have a song in a loop, how can I manually control the in and out parameters of that loop? I don't think the Rev 7 has this built into any of it's functions, so I might have to map it myself...?

5. For some reason the loop parameter count won't show up on my left deck, it only shows up on my right deck. This does not change whether I load a new song, restart the unit, and I can't find anything in the settings that would disable the loop parameter indicator for an individual deck.

Thanks in advance for any assistance. Sorry for the n00b questions.

Posted Fri 08 Mar 24 @ 6:28 am
To understand loop behaviour in VirtualDJ, please read the following sections of the manual:

The takeaway = you need to save your saved loops in the hotcue pad mode or if you make a custom button/mapping to call
saved_loop position#
as a trigger.

For an understanding of the loop control behaviour on the REV7, look at the Deck Controls section of the Hardware Manual. It doesn't look (at least from the writeup) like loop adjust functionality is readily mapped, so you may have to map it yourself (pad mode or some sequence of button pushes/double click), or use the loop adjust section of the skin to do it (haven't tried it personally when using it). Be aware of switching off the motor activity before doing adjustment (the manual seems to indicate holding shift stops the motor to allow track seeking).

Everything else you are describing about your REV7 usage experience sounds weird/could be a bug but a don't own one/have it readily available to check.

Outside of regular colour indicators in the browser (e.g. currently selected song), custom track coloring is assignable from the Tag Editor/vdjscript, but should not exist for a track by default AFAIK. Did you happen to add a track colour via one of these methods?

Posted Sat 09 Mar 24 @ 10:09 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
@DJ VinylTouch

we sorted most of it it out over discord.
I included a note for the hardware guys about a bug with the lights [that you can't see] that's why the topic got bumped

Posted Sat 09 Mar 24 @ 10:14 pm
@locodog that makes sense. Thanks for following up with him on that.

Posted Sat 09 Mar 24 @ 10:18 pm