Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Accesssing events via C++ API
I've noticed the usual way of accessing state in VDJ is via VDJ script, my question is for events such as hot cue presses is there a recommended way for getting actions like you would normally use a cllback mechanism for? In my case I want to get any time a hotcue is pressed.

Posted Tue 07 Nov 23 @ 1:39 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
The Devs may have a better method, but my first idea is a plugin in between the hw button press and the hotcue script call.
HW calls the plugin, plugin calls the hotcue and do whatever the real reason for the plugin is.

Posted Tue 07 Nov 23 @ 2:43 am
That was the thought I had, but isn't ideal since it would need to be implemented for all controllers if I am correct.

Posted Wed 08 Nov 23 @ 5:27 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
depends on the controller, if it's hotcues via pads the hardware can call the padpage and the pad can be written to both call the hotcue and also press a button on a plugin. Which would be pretty universal on padpage covers most cases

devices that call a hotcue script directly would need to be rescripted.

Posted Wed 08 Nov 23 @ 5:51 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
querying "is_using cue" for example could also be an indirect way, depending on the exact use case and precision needed.

Posted Wed 08 Nov 23 @ 6:07 pm
so would `is_using cue ? deck left hotcue : nothing` be the right function to query for the hotcue otherwise return a 0?

Posted Thu 09 Nov 23 @ 1:58 am