Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Hercules Controller Tomorrow

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Posted Mon 17 Nov 03 @ 7:53 pm
Tease tease tease!

I want one (maybe, depending on what you guys think)

Posted Tue 18 Nov 03 @ 6:57 pm
well that was a waste of time!!!!
i got sent a graphics card NOT the controller :(

Posted Tue 18 Nov 03 @ 7:06 pm
https://www.makingwavesaudio.com/prodidividual.asp?Manufacturer=HERCULES

Portable USB DJ controller with audio for your desktop and laptop computer Fun, easy mixing/scratching dual wheels Mix, scratch and control digital music in real time, from MP3s, WMAs to CDs Solid design with phosphorescent keys matching perfectly DJ ambience. Tactile controls gives much better control on DJ mixing than PC keyboard. Take full control of your music with the DJ Console! The Hercules DJ Console includes: 2 vinyl-style jog wheels for spinning and scratching, with finger grips for rapid, accurate song searching or speed adjustment, 1 crossfader for seamless mixing between the two decks, 6 ergonomic potentiometers and bass/medium/treble controls for creative remixing on the fly, 2 rotary encoders and 2 sliders for tweaking volume or changing the speed of music (pitch/master tempo) in real time, 28 buttons to play/pause songs, speed music up or down for accurate mixing (pitch bend), add effects, cue points (song positions) and loops on the fly, skip through tracks backwards or forwards, rewind or fast forward and more, A soft rubber ministick provides mouse emulation or allows for special DJ FX control. DJ Console comes with a complete, intuitive DJ/music software suite. Hercules’ advanced communication protocol guarantees 100% compatibility with the MP3 DJ software suite fine-tuned specifically for use with the DJ Console. Scratch audio files and CDs Adjust cue points to create great loops Adjust BPM (Beats Per Minute) for smooth transitions between tracks Speed up/slow down music. Optimised DJ sound Play one track for your audience while previewing another on your headphones to create seamless mixes Add voice-overs by lowering the music volume with the click of a button, allowing you to talk to your public Advanced external USB audio interface for your PC 16-bit/48kHz sampling, 24-bit ADC/DAC 5.1-channel analogue output High-quality connectors: Digital optical/coaxial In/Out MIDI In/Out 5.1-channel output via minijack (3.5mm) or RCA plugs Stereo Line Input (2 RCA plugs) ¼ inch (6.35mm) stereo microphone Input ¼ inch (6.35mm) stereo headphone Output

Posted Wed 19 Nov 03 @ 2:01 pm
Well you gotta post a review when you get it...!

What is the quality of the jog wheels? do they wobble at all? Spin freely?
Do the crossfaders move smoothly? are they loose? what mixer would you compare them to? like a rane or gemini?
how is the tactile feel on the buttons?
How bright are the lighted buttons?
Any latency issues starting up the deck playing?
Can you scratch in Virtual DJ with this controller?

try the other software included to have a baseline

Posted Wed 19 Nov 03 @ 8:24 pm
i have no idea when i will get it now! maybe next week if i'm lucky

Posted Wed 19 Nov 03 @ 8:44 pm
LOL!

Posted Wed 19 Nov 03 @ 9:37 pm
I ordered it this morning, will have on tomorrow. I am in Montreal, so Hercules has a store here :-)

So on tonight i'll test it for you and give a reply ;)

If people knows a little of french, go in the french section there's people who already has tested it!!!!! Lucky they are ;)

Posted Wed 19 Nov 03 @ 10:29 pm
Gracias

Posted Wed 19 Nov 03 @ 11:52 pm
Does someone who knows french want to give us english people a quick summary of what the french forum says about the controller?

Posted Thu 20 Nov 03 @ 6:48 am

Posted Thu 20 Nov 03 @ 9:27 am
So i went through like 3 pages of translations, but it was a little difficult to read. What I understood from the user that reviewed it is that he has fun with it, something about a broken something, erased database, and maybe not being able to use headphones. How does that sound?

Posted Fri 21 Nov 03 @ 4:26 am
DjWorkit

Sometime it help to do a line by line copy and past , but it sounds like you got it right. I think one person broke theres.

Posted Fri 21 Nov 03 @ 5:39 am
I got an e-mail from my hardware supplier with some info about the Hercules controller. The price in holland will be 148,50 € ex vat (176,72 € inc 19% vat). The controller will be shipped from Monday (24 Nov)

Here is a link to a test results (In English):
http://www6.tomshardware.com/video/20031111/hercules-11.html

Regards Ewout

Posted Fri 21 Nov 03 @ 7:24 pm
WOW Received it yesterday, mixed for about 45 minutes with VDJ thats comes with it ;)

Works great, NO lagging(usb 1.1) when I cut the bass it cuts. When I cross-fade it does. The answer is very quick!

I love it but tonight or tomorrow I'll try it for 3-4 hours of pure trance mixing !!

By the way, anyone has received the 2nd cd with 800 samples??

Oh, the jog wheel don't scratch... you need to take the stick
:(

But, it's so great as a real mixer !

More info on next week ;)

Posted Fri 21 Nov 03 @ 10:22 pm
rebelUKHome userMember since 2003
well what graphics card was it?

Posted Sat 22 Nov 03 @ 2:01 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)