Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Using version 7LE - how do I upgrade?
I'm still using version 7LE that came with hardware called a Pulse KONTROL-7LE. It's always been a bit flaky. Unfortunately I've been forced to replace my laptop from Windows 7 - ordered one with Windows 10 but got 11.

When I run the program it says "new version available - click here" - great! But the new version that downloads is (a) a demo version; and (b) doesn't know about the KONTROL-7LE. I suspect it recognises it as something else but it didn't really work - or perhaps it was so unfamiliar I was doing something wrong.

Can anyone help me? I don't want to pay for software I'd already bought (obviously) but if I have to, I need to know it will work with my controller.

Posted Mon 16 Oct 23 @ 3:01 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Download the latest version from the download page here, then if you log in you should get a 30 day trial to make sure your controller works correctly, and then you can decide to purchase a plus or pro license

Posted Mon 16 Oct 23 @ 3:58 pm
Adion wrote :
Download the latest version from the download page here, then if you log in you should get a 30 day trial to make sure your controller works correctly, and then you can decide to purchase a plus or pro license

Thanks, but I've already done that and it didn't work. Unfortunately the controller I have (as mentioned) isn't listed by name in the new software, so need a bit of help here to upgrade - trial version or otherwise. I guess KONTROL-7LE may be a re-badged something else (but what?), or if support for it has been dropped, which is the latest version I can use and where can I get it?

Posted Mon 16 Oct 23 @ 4:57 pm
Connect your controller on your PC
Start the VirtualDJ version you have downloaded
Click on top right area of the GUI the settings icon
Click on mapping tab on the left.
Does it show any controller on the top, under the "Keyboard" entry ?
Click on the licenses tab on the left
What does this window says ?

PS: It is possible that Windows themselves don't recognize your device.
That's why I ask you to answer the above questions

Posted Mon 16 Oct 23 @ 5:18 pm
Thanks (to one and all). I'm trying a few things and will report back. There have been problems with the new way sound devices are configured in Windows 11 and with Windows screen scaling - on by default it seems - scrambling VirtualDJ's attempts to display anything while being written before such Microsoft deviltry. So I'm getting there.

On the plus side, I've attached a touch-screen monitor and it works rather well with VirtualDJ.

I will report back.

Posted Tue 17 Oct 23 @ 9:42 am