Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Does my Denon MC6000 need service, or am I an idiot who just needs to change settings?
ellyigPRO SubscriberMember since 2022
Hey all,

I have Denon DN-MC6000 (a legacy lady) and it has been working great until the last few days when suddenly parts of Deck A Channel 2 are not communicating with Virtual DJ. By parts I mean that the loop and beat matching features work, but the volume doesn't work and the mids, highs, and lows don't work. I have to manually change them on the laptop (which is super clunky) to get them to change. In addition when music is playing out of Channel 2, there is no light up action in the center to show it is going. Meanwhile Deck B Channel 3 is working like a charm. While I have been playing with it over the last two days, changing settings and calling tech support, none of which helped, it would occasionally come on. But then I would turn off the equipment and come back later with all the same settings and it would be back to not working.

Now I am by no means any good with tech, so really hoping this is me being an idiot and not the controller needing a check up. SOS

Posted Fri 13 Oct 23 @ 6:58 pm
You could try an older build to see if that sorts it. If so report back.

https://www.virtualdj.com/download/build.html

Also check the Windows driver is still installed correctly.

There's also a windows/mac switch on the back of the unit, check that's in the correct place.

Posted Fri 13 Oct 23 @ 7:46 pm
ellyigPRO SubscriberMember since 2022
I tried an old build of virtual dj, that didn't work. I also checked the windows mac settings on the back. I am in Mac, so I'm not sure if windows settings apply to me? Thanks for your thoughts!!!

Posted Fri 13 Oct 23 @ 9:13 pm
The original Denon 6000 Mk1 ASIO drivers were disabled by Atomix a long time ago due to their instability.
Check what the program is using in the Audio Configuration panel, it should be either WASAPI or ASIO4ALL
Set "exclusive audio access" to NO

Posted Sat 14 Oct 23 @ 12:03 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posted Sat 14 Oct 23 @ 12:42 am
Whoops, didn't notice he mentioned Mac. My apologies, but, it happens lots of times on the forums where it is not mentioned which platform people are using.

Posted Sat 14 Oct 23 @ 5:59 am
Yeah his original post didn't mention mac so I just assumed it was a Windows install.

Also check the USB cable since you're saying it's intermittent.

Posted Sat 14 Oct 23 @ 7:50 am