Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: easykrm - easy karaoke rotation management - 2023.10.02 (for Discord users) - Page: 2
I love everything about the new build but it wonโ€™t recognize my I tunes play lists, also I noticed that all my music in my folders on my external drive automatically get put into alfabetical order and ply playlists in virtual Dj gets shifted around. Canโ€™t seem to figure out whatโ€™s going on with that. Like old version recognize s that my external hd as g drive and new one says itโ€™s f drive on the new one g shows up but says there is nothing in it?

Posted Wed 18 Oct 23 @ 10:35 am
Tonight I ran a gig with only a singer TV so I didn't bother turning on easykrm as my main reason for using it is to have a good scrolling list on audience TVs. With the plugin turned off I was still able to use Replace. I have my Pagedown and Pageup buttons to move a singer to bottom and top of rotation respectively. I tried this tonight because there is just enough issue with my using the plugin and/or karaoke mode (deleting singer names, inadvertent moves and deletions) that I wanted to try the way I used to do it. All in all, I have to say it was less stressful this way: just using replace button and not worrying about storing 2nd songs etc. So my question is: can there be a scrolling list without using the worklist feature and leaving plugin off?

Posted Thu 26 Oct 23 @ 5:15 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
nope, you'd very quickly run into the list too long issue.

Posted Thu 26 Oct 23 @ 5:27 am
I still owe you a better video of my operation and the little headaches I encounter. I will get one done in next couple of weeks.

Posted Thu 26 Oct 23 @ 4:47 pm
djdonnPRO InfinityMember since 2006
user22251581 wrote :
I still owe you a better video of my operation and the little headaches I encounter. I will get one done in next couple of weeks.

Bill, best I can figure is, names dropping off has happened to me on rare occasion and the only thing I can come up with is, I accidentally set up deck 2 for karaoke when I normally set up deck 1 for karaoke. So, if I try to play bumper on deck 2, I'm actually playing karaoke, then if I hit the cue button, that's like hitting the skip button.

Also, I have to be sure that 'show karaoke' is activated. If it's not, that really screws up the automation. I'd like to see logic that adds 'before this automation, ensure 'show karaoke' is activated.

I've also had issues where, if I'm right near the end of a karaoke song and I have the 'add singer' dialog box open, that really screws up the automation when it tries to switch songs in the karaoke deck and move the previous singer to the bottom of the list. .

Posted Fri 27 Oct 23 @ 1:52 pm
Don, maybe what you describe in last paragraph is what is happening to me!
djdonn wrote :
user22251581 wrote :

Bill, best I can figure is, names dropping off has happened to me on rare occasion and the only thing I can come up with is, I accidentally set up deck 2 for karaoke when I normally set up deck 1 for karaoke. So, if I try to play bumper on deck 2, I'm actually playing karaoke, then if I hit the cue button, that's like hitting the skip button.

Also, I have to be sure that 'show karaoke' is activated. If it's not, that really screws up the automation. I'd like to see logic that adds 'before this automation, ensure 'show karaoke' is activated.

I've also had issues where, if I'm right near the end of a karaoke song and I have the 'add singer' dialog box open, that really screws up the automation when it tries to switch songs in the karaoke deck and move the previous singer to the bottom of the list. .

Posted Mon 30 Oct 23 @ 8:25 pm
Update: I gave up on the crossfade automated button and now fade the decks up and down like DJDonn. That seemed to get rid of the majority of glitches.
Sidenote: Will the karaoke skin designed by locodog work with the updated VDJ Remote? I tried the beta and it just crashes immediately. I reported it on the beta thread but just thought I'd ask here too.

Posted Fri 10 Nov 23 @ 9:39 pm
I might look at the remote skin in future, but currently no the extra split panel won't be seen on the remote,
remote skin and main skin are separate entities.

Posted Fri 10 Nov 23 @ 9:46 pm
locodog wrote :
I might look at the remote skin in future, but currently no the extra split panel won't be seen on the remote,
remote skin and main skin are separate entities.

Going to test soon to see if the updated VDJ remote will work for me with a standard skin (not the split panel). I rarely change skins. I think it is pretty quick and easy though if I remember correctly so may do it at show tonight

Posted Sat 11 Nov 23 @ 9:59 pm
Went back to standard Pro skin vs the customized karaoke skin that you built per my request. That did 2 things: Allowed me to use the updated VDJ remote and it appears to have stopped the issue of singer going to bottom after singing and having their name wiped. Thank you DJDonn for the help along the way!

Posted Sun 12 Nov 23 @ 5:59 pm
cdvibesPRO InfinityMember since 2016
How to get easykrm on my virtual dj? I now have a discord account.

Posted Mon 13 Nov 23 @ 12:15 am
Download it in app like any other plugin
extensions>effects>other>easyKRM

Posted Mon 13 Nov 23 @ 12:43 am
I manage to download it but struggling to install it.

Posted Mon 13 Nov 23 @ 1:21 am
x64 machine?

Posted Mon 13 Nov 23 @ 1:24 am
locodog wrote :
x64 machine?

Yes

Posted Mon 13 Nov 23 @ 6:24 pm
yeah instead of 20 questions with yes/no responses how about you explain what is happening.
And you don't have to quote me when there's 2 people active in the conversation currently. I haven't quoted you and you still understand it's you I'm speaking to.

Posted Mon 13 Nov 23 @ 6:29 pm
Thanks for your help I got the easykrm working. Very nice. Just learning how to use virtual dj.

Posted Mon 13 Nov 23 @ 11:13 pm
Hi Locodog, thank you! ๐Ÿ˜Š I've been giving this easyKRM a try for about a week โ€“ pretty cool. I messed up the scrolling text somehow? ๐Ÿ˜… But I do think I might be using easyKRM on a regular basis. If so, I will definitely be buying you a beer! ๐Ÿป It doesn't do everything I was doing before, but it does some stuff I couldn't do before. I also never used Virtual DJ before until I stumbled across the YouTube Video from DJ2legit like a week ago. ๐ŸŽง I don't know how I screwed up the scrolling text, but I used easyKRM at a busy show this last Sunday, and it worked very well. I've been practicing with it this week at home and got a lot more familiar with it โ€“ pretty cool. I tried to change what the scrolling message said, and then it just scrolls what text is in that edit box but doesn't change with the rotation. I can live without it, but it was a cool feature I've had with my other Karaoke program. Anyway, thank you so much!! Cheers, KJ Rick JOAT "jack of all trades" ๐Ÿ˜„๐ŸŽถ

Posted Wed 29 Nov 23 @ 5:14 am
Definitely not directly related to easykrm, but I play break videos in between karaoke songs and there is a potential for a noticeable latency between video and audio when I use wireless hdmi. Any way to script a custom slider in VDJ for video delay times? I experimented briefly with custom fader but don't think I am doing it right. Do I need to include the full ms range from negative to positive - that's what I'd like to do actually

Posted Fri 08 Dec 23 @ 8:41 pm

Posted Mon 11 Dec 23 @ 1:38 am