Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Plug-in for stripclub 2 stage rotation that can be output to monitors!
I know I'm not the only stripclub DJ here that works in a strip club. At least 3/4s of PANDAs are using BDJ, lol.

So why don't we have a strip club rotation plug-in that could take the place on the video output and maybe even replace the video section in VDJ? So instead of seeing the music player and/or video and static ads, we would be able to see, update and run a stage rotation?

The primary purpose of this is to show the dancers on screens outside the booth where they are on rotation and who's currently on stage, who is on standby.

I only need it for 2 stages, but I'm sure plenty would enjoy having it for 3+ stages.

Sorta like rotation x, except in VDJ.

Jim Harrison
Pony Pensacola

Posted Tue 19 Sep 23 @ 9:33 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Seems a candidate for automix, assuming you use that already. And a video skin
Rotation I've done before and automix would be far less hassle than karaoke.

I could make it, but it would be paid work & I'd need direction on the art

oh 2 stages makes it difficult...

Posted Tue 19 Sep 23 @ 10:12 pm
couldn't this be a video skin since he wants it on screen?

i wouldn't know where to start myself

Posted Tue 19 Sep 23 @ 11:04 pm
Yeah a video skin would be front of house but there's the actual rotation management.

Posted Tue 19 Sep 23 @ 11:21 pm
I just lost my post cuz I'm a fool.

Example of a standalone rotation app: rotationx.com

I can use that, but it sure would be swell to use something inside of VDJ.

I assume a paid plugin would be too pricey for my blood - sounds like there's a ton of work to go into it for a plug-in.

Posted Wed 20 Sep 23 @ 1:46 am
locodog wrote :
Seems a candidate for automix, assuming you use that already. And a video skin
Rotation I've done before and automix would be far less hassle than karaoke.

I could make it, but it would be paid work & I'd need direction on the art

oh 2 stages makes it difficult...

A single stage rotation wouldn't need anything fancy at all.

No real artwork involved. White text on a black screen showing all the dancer in rotation and who is on, whose next, and what order rotation is going.

Here's a solid page on how Rotation X works - it shows and describes the system. https://www.docs.cacoding.co.uk/rotationx/the_environment.htm

Posted Wed 20 Sep 23 @ 1:52 am
I'll think on it, a lot of different ways it could go.
How may dancers at the busiest?

Posted Wed 20 Sep 23 @ 2:06 am
Jim Harrison wrote :
White text on a black screen...

Seems a bit plain to me, what I had in mind was something like this, [something like, this was a 2 minute m$paint bodge job]

I think you'd hold the dancers rotation in the karaoke list, you could then have faux tracks for each dancer holding their name and even a profile picture to show on screen. Even onlyfans link or other socials.

As automix progresses and a new track is loaded, vdj jumps into the karaoke list and moves the top track to the bottom.

There's probably a whole host of stuff I haven't considered, but that's my first pass

Posted Thu 21 Sep 23 @ 6:25 am
I don't know anything about the auto mix karaoke function of VDJ but I'm certainly going to explore it, now.

I assume the karaoke built in has waiting lists for Singers and attaching songs to them? Time to dive in and look.

At most on 2 stages here at my club about 50 dancers or so.

Not to knock on dancers and customers, but the less fancy, the easier for them to know who they follow and when they are up. 😝 I should have taken a pic last night.

Posted Sun 24 Sep 23 @ 6:06 pm
Karaoke idea is work in progress, nothing yet would work without extra scripting,

how do you run 2 stages from one workstation? or is it just one source of music?

Posted Sun 24 Sep 23 @ 7:13 pm