Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: VDJ having problems with macbook pro M2
Hi, i recently purchased a macbook pro M2 with 8GB Ram and 512GB storage and i keep having small freezes of 1-2 seconds randomly during my sets and its becoming a big problem. I play on a XDJ-XZ and i never had this problem before purchasing a macbook i tried disabling stems and changing the skin fps but nothing works.

Posted Mon 28 Aug 23 @ 5:53 pm

Posted Mon 28 Aug 23 @ 5:59 pm
Hi! Turn off wifi and BT.

Posted Tue 29 Aug 23 @ 7:20 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I mentioned it in the the linked thread above, and it might make me sound like a stuck record, but do these momentary pauses happen when you set a loop on a stationary deck?

I experience it regularly on my DDJ-1000 which has a near identical jog mechanism to the XDJ-XZ - several times a night I get a complete dropout/corruption that like you say lasts about 1-2s but feels like an eternity. Since I posted in that thread I've done some more testing :)

On some controllers when you set a loop on a stationary deck it sometimes seems to cause issues for VDJ. From previous conversations with Adion there was a line of thinking that perhaps the jog was moving back and forwards across the loop boundary extremely rapidly and that this was causing an issue for VDJ.

After that last thread I made a mapping change to my DDJ-1000 - when the deck is not playing, the jog is disabled unless you are holding shift. Don't get me wrong - this isn't a fix, it was for testing - but it completely resolved the issue for me.

I repeated the test on my NS7III (which I stopped using because of this issue, believing it was a motorwheel issue) with the same result - disabling the platter functionality when the track isn't playing prevents the dropouts.

I don't like this, so I've gone back to my workaround of either holding the platter or setting a loop whilst playing, but it's becoming a real pain for me.

Sadly I'd never heard of anyone else having this issue, so I've always assumed it was something unique to my setup, or what I'm doing.

Posted Tue 29 Aug 23 @ 11:21 pm
It doesn't happen when i set a loop it happens literally randomly even if only 1 deck is playing it freezes then unfreezes on its own. i tried changing some settings like skin fps or latency but it keeps happening

moderator please don't quote like that when you're replying to the post directly above your reply.

Posted Wed 30 Aug 23 @ 12:04 am
I had the same "pause-play" issue with my ddj1000 and mac in vdj2023 last build.
I played at 3 events this weekend and zero issues with my VDJ2023(stems 2.0 ondemand) and Macbook air M2 (8gb ram 512SSD).
What I did was to delete the driver of the ddj1000, and reinstall it manually without recordbox, and add it to the security exceptions in the Mac system preferences. I also turned off the wifi. It went through perfectly.

Posted Wed 30 Aug 23 @ 8:05 am
With the same problem since I acquired my MacBook Air M2, I have tried different solutions, I think the problem is with wireless networks. The problem has been solved by turning off the WiFi. I am happy because the problem has been solved, but disappointed because I updated my computer with a latest generation PC and I am facing a problem from the 90s. I don't know if it is Apple's fault or VDJ's fault but it is a shame not to be able to use the Streeming services while you're playing. I hope it is fixed in future updates.

Posted Thu 31 Aug 23 @ 12:48 pm
I have only experienced the issue on mac. 2 months ago I was using vdj2023 on windows 10, tidal online for all events. Never had such a play-pause problem. I think Mac OS Ventura has this problem. Hopefully they will fix it and we will be completely happy with VDJ&Mac again!

Posted Thu 31 Aug 23 @ 12:56 pm