Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Latest updates still crashing on band new asus laptop i7 13th gen / 4060
hi

I am having problems with the program crashing on my new laptop I installed the latest beta and I have to roll back to v7555 to get it stable anything I can do to help you Please let me know.

this is the make and model of laptop.

ASUS Laptop ROG Strix G16 G614JV

Posted Wed 23 Aug 23 @ 12:11 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
By crashing, you mean VirtualDJ closes and auto-restarts ? Or freeze and not responsive ?

Check nvidia.com to see if there is any updated driver for your RTX

Posted Wed 23 Aug 23 @ 4:49 pm
hi, it restarts I have all the latest drivers. always check that. left me scratching my head it's a lot more powerful than I should need. but yes it auto restarts and i have latest drivers :)

Posted Wed 23 Aug 23 @ 7:39 pm
You should unlock your GPU for VDJ through the NVideo Control Panel.

Posted Wed 23 Aug 23 @ 10:25 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Any other info , like when this happens (right after launch, after Track load etc) , if you do something particular at that time, if u can always reproduce etc.

Posted Thu 24 Aug 23 @ 9:14 am
Besides the software that come with your laptop and VirtualDJ do you have any other software installed ?

Posted Thu 24 Aug 23 @ 10:31 am
hi
Have added virutal dj to my cpu settings hope that helps. we will see.. it has crashed when playing music i use a prime 4 and it also crashed when trying to update system data bases it scan all connected drives. like i said works fine on older version but just the updates after the one i showed above seem to make software reboot/safe crash... thank you........

Posted Tue 29 Aug 23 @ 3:03 pm
software i use WinUtil and have uninstalled most of the system. I have a fresh Win 11 pro and that`s about it. I have other DJ software installed but not running when I have problems. to be honest why i writing this i have let it update and am scanning drives and playing music at same time after added the GPU settings. seems to be better.. will keep testing.

Posted Tue 29 Aug 23 @ 3:16 pm
nope still just reboots Why scanning library or playing music? I have tried both with stems on and off makes no odds... its very odd never EVER had a problem.. so guessing its something to do with these new cpus having 2 types of cores?

Posted Wed 30 Aug 23 @ 10:14 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
It looks like a recent crash report has been logged with 7640.
Could you try to disable showM3UAsFolders and see if that changes anything?

Posted Wed 30 Aug 23 @ 10:42 am
Hi...

I changed and well.. seems to have fixed, managed to play 2 songs.. scanning drives and also did a clean and backup and it's still running. will keep testing but thank you. thats amazing.

Posted Wed 30 Aug 23 @ 10:58 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Ok, probably found the issue, so should be fixed in the next update.

Posted Wed 30 Aug 23 @ 11:31 am
AMAZING been playing for for like the last hour and all solid not one crash thank you again amazing as always.

Posted Wed 30 Aug 23 @ 11:36 am