Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Cue points have been changed when changing from virtualdj 8 to 2023
Dear all,
I'm a person with cerebral palsy who has used version 8 for years and just changed to version 2023. The hotcues have automatically changed which is frightening me. So, for example the hotcue I originally put as 5 in version 8 has been formatted as 'hotcue 2. in the new virtualdj 2023. I'm praying that there is a way to set the hotcues back like how they were in virtualdj 8. I'm panicking at the moment as I've been dj'ing for years
Hope someone could help me

Posted Fri 18 Aug 23 @ 10:11 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
please expand, is the issue setting or calling?
the script
hot_cue
will go to the default/selected cue

there is likely a solution, I just need more info.

Posted Fri 18 Aug 23 @ 10:41 pm
Possibly from Option: autoSortCues accidentally set to YES ?

Posted Fri 18 Aug 23 @ 11:37 pm
I was previously using Virtualdj 8 and had cues arranged in certain way for many songs and with the latest update (Virtualdj2020) I lost my cues how they were previously laid out. I've discovered that there is a way of rearranging the cues by right clicking the POL editer and changing the cue order. However this would take me months and months to do for each song. I'm praying that you could suggest a solution of retrieving the cue order of all my songs like how they were in virtualdj 8.

Another question how do I unlock/lock my cues. I can't find the button in this latest version unlike virtualdj 8 where there was a feasting tucked away in the right hand side of the cuees.
Really hope you can help because I'm stuck
Jav

Posted Sat 19 Aug 23 @ 6:57 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
If the order of cues has changed then unless you had a back up then the info is lost/

lock_cues is a script use it anywhere a custom button works well and is visual when locked

Posted Sat 19 Aug 23 @ 7:57 pm
When I try canging the cues in the editor it doesn't modify for some reason. Any reason why? In some songs the bar says there are cues but they don't appeal on the display. Any clue why? Is there something wrong with my database?

Posted Sat 19 Aug 23 @ 8:09 pm
Thank-you. No worries. It looks like the cuepoints are in some kind of lock mode from virtualdj 8. How do I unlock/lock in virtualdj 2023?

Posted Sat 19 Aug 23 @ 10:14 pm
Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy guys
great news i've recovered my database yaaaay thank goodness for that. Soooooooooooooooo happy. Thank God. Thank-you guys so much. How do I lock/unlock my cue points? How do I change the cue displays? Thank-you soooooooooooooooo much. You saved my life. Sorry if I'm stupid lol
Javv

Posted Sat 19 Aug 23 @ 11:00 pm
user27661736 wrote :
How do I lock/unlock my cue points?

Locodog already mentioned how to do that:

locodog wrote :
lock_cues is a script use it anywhere a custom button works well and is visual when locked

and it would look like, this in a custom button:

one should be created for each deck, and will be highlighted when the loaded track has it's cues locked.
Just click the button to unlock or lock that track's hotcues.

user27661736 wrote :
How do I change the cue displays?

either from the hotcue menu dot of the Hotcue padpage, or maybe easier it find, in settings > options: cueDisplay

Posted Sat 19 Aug 23 @ 11:51 pm
Thank-you soooooooooooooooo much guys. I've found the button which is tiny at the side of each deck. Thank-you soooooooooooooooo much

Posted Sun 20 Aug 23 @ 3:58 pm