Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: connection issue numark ns7ii vdj latest build
DJ crsBPRO SubscriberMember since 2011
Hey guys came to spin some tunes today and my numark ns7 doesn't seem to fully load into vdj.
when i power up i get the options for eq settings then when i click ok, that's normally when all the lights on the unit come on, but today they didn't.
Iv done all the usual's drivers, cables etc still with same result.
my pc usb list is picked up, its picking up in serato, id rather use vdj, so any ideas?
has been stable and been no issues for months, they were little crashes but found if i turned my platters off, no problem until today

Posted Sun 13 Aug 23 @ 8:46 pm
Still no connection, however tried it on laptop and it works fine, also on the same machine I hooked it up to serato and it loaded up and ran however my ns doesn't work that well with serato, need to connect back on my vdj it runs so smooth in comparison to serato.
Now IV forgot to say that I have done a clean install of vdj 2021 as well. Still same.
The only other thing is that I ran the numark dashboard with it and it ran sweet on installation and for the couple of hours I was running it. Then came back to it 5 days later and no connection to vdj,
So now trying to get my unit connected again without display.

Posted Wed 16 Aug 23 @ 7:48 am
Iv just noticed that I wrote... NS 7.....it's the NS 7ii🙂

Posted Wed 16 Aug 23 @ 7:50 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
So, in the CONTROLLERS tab of VirtualDJ you dont see the NS7II at all, or u see but you dont get the "factory default" mapping at the right side ?
A screenshot of the CONTROLLERS tab would help too.

Are you on Windows or Mac ?

Try to enable the "CreateMidilog" setting from VirtualDJ Settings->OPTIONS tab. Then restart VirtualDJ, close again and post here the content of the "Log Report.txt" file you will find in VirtualDJ Home Folder, to check the detection procedure.

Posted Wed 16 Aug 23 @ 10:07 pm
Thanks djdad for assistance. I have now managed to get my ns back up and running after complete uninstall/reinstall after totally clearing all. This was only way for my unit to reconnect otherwise all it would do was like part install, windows acknowledged connection as vdj wouldn't, nothing shows up in vdj at all, only beatgrid lights, pitch bend and mixer lights eluminated. No reaction to moving platters or faders.
Reconnected to serato connected straight away so I know it's not anything to do with controller or cabling. All firmware is as should be.

Now I'm back onto vdj, however I would like to use the dashboard with my ns7ii. I connected it up last night no problem and it ran until I had a click sound in my headphones and it lost connection and the said lights as before were lit, no response from controller. That's when I did the full works on reinstall, reset all usb hubs too, then it connected.
I'm running Windows 10 all up-to-date
16gb ram i3 2.8 intel, 2tb SSD

Dashboard is original not updated, using original drivers, read somewhere it's best not to as the update locks it out of vdj?
Apologies on the essay, and big up to you and your work that you have done over the years with this unit, as I have never really had any luck using serato with my unit at all, even tho everything connects as it should when it should, vdj is so more responsive and keeps everything in touch with my unit. 👊✌️

Posted Fri 18 Aug 23 @ 12:29 pm
Hi DJDad I'm all back up and running which is great news, thought I was gonna have to replace 😳
I'm experiencing clicks when tune first hits the deck some time it's quite soft, other times it gets a lot more noticeable, probably stems across first 4-8 bars of it, I'll be tinkering with it I know Ur a busy chap I might even find solutions 🙂👊

Posted Sun 20 Aug 23 @ 8:23 pm