Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Computer Audio out To Mixer
r.steadyPRO SubscriberMember since 2021
I updated my computer to a laptop which does NOT have a separate soundcard. What is the best sound that I can get from the laptop and how do you connect it to the mixer. I know one can use the headphone jack but there has to be something better (USB out)??? How do the pro's do it?
Thanks
Ed

Posted Mon 24 Jul 23 @ 3:14 pm
The pros use a professional usb sound interface

Just search Amazon

Posted Mon 24 Jul 23 @ 3:51 pm
Thanks...can you recommend one?

Posted Mon 24 Jul 23 @ 4:06 pm
focusrite scarlett series are always nice make sure it has enough inputs and outputs for your needs.

Posted Mon 24 Jul 23 @ 4:50 pm
Thank You

Posted Mon 24 Jul 23 @ 4:58 pm
Are you only mixing with-in your laptop or do you have a controller?

Posted Mon 24 Jul 23 @ 6:26 pm
Also Reloop Flux is a very good solution for DJs

Posted Tue 25 Jul 23 @ 9:54 am
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
Are you only mixing with-in your laptop or do you have a controller?

I do very large UFC events and play music for ring girl and in between rounds. I was lugging around a full computer tower(which had a decent sound card in it) and want to cut back. I guess I am looking for a usb mixer with at least 2 mic inputs for announcer (main/backup) and a XLR R/L out.

Posted Tue 25 Jul 23 @ 5:32 pm
You might want to consider a small controller, they generally have very good sound cards in them and it's always nice to be able to play music with tactile buttons instead of a mouse and keyboard. But I agree with the above posters, the Focusrite Scarletts are pretty much the standard for audio folks as long as you don't need to deal with high resolution audio.

Posted Wed 26 Jul 23 @ 8:29 am
christianwheel wrote :
You might want to consider a small controller, they generally have very good sound cards in them and it's always nice to be able to play music with tactile buttons instead of a mouse and keyboard. But I agree with the above posters, the Focusrite Scarletts are pretty much the standard for audio folks as long as you don't need to deal with high resolution audio.

Thanks for the reply... I have a denon prime 4 and a DDJ-WeGo ...just looking for something in between?

Posted Wed 26 Jul 23 @ 5:44 pm