Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Pioneer DDJRZ
I have recently purchased a gaming laptop to make use of Stems 2.0 The laptop is a Lenovo Legion running AMD Ryzen 7 with dedicated NVIDIA 360 Graphics but every so often when im mid gig doing a disco or club the software glitches like the laptop cant cope (sounds like the juddery for 4 seconds) sometimes it will freeze my controller.

I know the DDJ RZ is an old controller and I have updated the firmware from pioneer but there hasnt been a firmware update for ages.

I wanted to ask if anyone else has this issue because its very frustrating when you have lots of people dancing. Like I say sometimes it will lock my controller.

There are no big background recourses running and ive disabled anti virus, the thing that confuses me is that my older laptop doesnt do this and this is Intel so wondered if its because its AMD or do you guys think its the age of the controller not working with the new high tech laptop which is why it works without a glitch on the older laptop but this older laptop cant do Stems 2.0 very well.

Thanks

Posted Mon 17 Jul 23 @ 3:44 pm
I recently use Asus Rog 732 LWS with RTX 2070 Super with my controllers. I own DDJ-RZX, DDJ-RZ and DDJ-1000 and all three controllers work perfectly never had a problem like yours using realtime video and stems 2.0. My Asus is equipped with a 10Th Intel processor, I don't want AMD to be the problem as I've read around on the web.

Posted Mon 17 Jul 23 @ 4:54 pm
Thanks for the reply, I am hoping its not an AMD issue as it was over a grand for the laptop - such a shame. Ive replaced all the usb data cables for the laptop the controller.

I did karaoke last night in a busy bar and it juddered half way through someone singing and almost stopped and it sounds like the darleks when it happens its baffling the hell out of me :/

Thanks everyone.

Posted Wed 19 Jul 23 @ 10:59 pm