Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Non-BMP characters in Deezer playlist names cause their names not to show
I've noticed that, at least for Deezer, if I create a playlist name with a non-BMP character, like a flag emoji, the name of the playlist doesn't load (it's empty). Once such characters are removed, the playlist name loads.

It seems fine for Filter Folders, Virtual Folders, and Playlist names as well track metadata fields that support those characters. I have not tried other Streaming platforms (e.g. Tidal).

Build = v2023-m b7555

Posted Wed 12 Jul 23 @ 1:58 pm
Maybe try the latest Early Access build
I seem to remember that such characters in playlists are now being blocked, but I could be wrong

Posted Wed 12 Jul 23 @ 2:14 pm
klausmogensen wrote :
Maybe try the latest Early Access build
I seem to remember that such characters in playlists are now being blocked, but I could be wrong

It's ok in regular playlists. I'll try the early build and report later 👍🏾.

Posted Wed 12 Jul 23 @ 2:17 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Looks like there might be a problem with the way the Deezer API returns these names.
When I create one from the Deezer website, it does show and load in VirtualDJ, but just has question marks in the name instead of the proper flag emoji

Posted Wed 12 Jul 23 @ 2:22 pm
Adion wrote :
Looks like there might be a problem with the way the Deezer API returns these names.
When I create one from the Deezer website, it does show and load in VirtualDJ, but just has question marks in the name instead of the proper flag emoji

Potential unexpected encoding issue? They must have it encoded correctly in some form as their app seems to show it correctly.

Posted Wed 12 Jul 23 @ 2:54 pm
Looks like it is actually proper utf-8, just DirectX11 not drawing it correctly for some reason.

Either way, except for not displaying the name properly, the playlists are correctly filled for me.

Posted Wed 12 Jul 23 @ 3:45 pm
Adion wrote :
Looks like it is actually proper utf-8, just DirectX11 not drawing it correctly for some reason.

Either way, except for not displaying the name properly, the playlists are correctly filled for me.

Yes the playlist content is fine...it's just that I'm unable to know it's the list until I click and read its contents.

Posted Wed 12 Jul 23 @ 4:07 pm
Problem found, was a JSON parsing bug. Will be fixed in next update.

Posted Wed 12 Jul 23 @ 5:38 pm
Adion wrote :
Problem found, was a JSON parsing bug. Will be fixed in next update.

Thank you for your quick work on this + fix 🙏🏾

Posted Wed 12 Jul 23 @ 11:53 pm
Did this update get left out of 2023-m b7607?

Posted Thu 20 Jul 23 @ 12:19 am
7607 was already Early Access before this was fixed

Posted Thu 20 Jul 23 @ 6:26 am
I see, thanks for the update 🙏🏾

Posted Thu 20 Jul 23 @ 4:19 pm