Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: FLX10 reverb fx knob triggers flanger
tslaysPRO InfinityMember since 2023
I use the newest early release and somehow the FLX10 has mapped flanger to the SPACE color fx. But this should normally trigger reverb and it did that before.
Can someone fix the factory mapping?

Posted Sat 08 Jul 23 @ 11:39 am
Can just someone from support confirm to fix the factory mapping?

Posted Wed 12 Jul 23 @ 11:07 am
Hmm.. I don't think it has changed, because an old custom mapping I had also showed Flanger as Space Color FX
But you can certainly change it yourself in the mapping if you like:

Posted Wed 12 Jul 23 @ 12:45 pm
But shouldn’t it be reverb instead of flanger?
That’s what I hear when I see the original effect in action on pioneer equipment.

Posted Wed 12 Jul 23 @ 12:47 pm
tslays wrote :
But shouldn’t it be reverb instead of flanger?
That’s what I hear when I see the original effect in action on pioneer equipment.

Oh, but remember that Pioneer doesn't decide that. That's up to the guys who creates the software mapping for a specific software to decide. In this case VDJ. And then it's up to you if you want to customize it outside of that, so it's certainly fine if you remap it to delay on your setup

A controller is basically just a dumb box of buttons and sliders with an added soundcard, so it's up to each software how they will use it

That basically goes for everything in hardware support
I mean... It's not like VDJ switches to Stems 1.0 when using a Pioneer controller, because the reduced quality stems would better match the ones in Rekordbox. Each vendors will basically map the controllers to the best features and settings that the individual software has

... but no, I don't think it's mapped to reverb in Rekordbox. It's almost got to be mapped to their Space color FX by default. This one:

Posted Wed 12 Jul 23 @ 1:17 pm
I am talking about the hardware like NXS2. See the video above you posted.
That sounds like reverb and not flanger. Therefore I am wondering why VDJ uses flanger.

Posted Wed 12 Jul 23 @ 1:20 pm
tslays wrote :
I am talking about the hardware like NXS2. See the video above you posted.
That sounds like reverb and not flanger. Therefore I am wondering why VDJ uses flanger.

It's neither. It's the Space Color FX
But what I don't understand is why you just don't change it to whatever you want it to be on your setup?

Posted Wed 12 Jul 23 @ 2:06 pm
I did. But it would be nice if the factory mapping is as close as possible to the original intention. And the space color FX resembles most the reverb effect and not flanger.

Posted Wed 12 Jul 23 @ 3:15 pm