Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: copy stems to other PC
Hello, does anyone know if it is possible to copy saved stems to another pc. I have a powefull desktop pc and want to use him to prepare the stems. I use my laptop for DJ'ing. If I copy the folder with the precalculated stems it will not be used in the laptop. And of curse I set to the same folder on both Appliances... Thanks in advance
Ralf

Posted Sat 08 Jul 23 @ 10:18 am
Yes it works as long as the file paths are the same. You have the option of keeping the stems in the same folder as the original file or a custom location.

I create the stems on my main machine then use Synchredible to sync over the files, stems and VDJ folder. works every time.

Posted Sat 08 Jul 23 @ 10:38 am
Ahh, thanks for your hint. I additionally have changed the drive path to the same on both PC's. Now it works. That saves a lot of time ;-)) PS: but in the stems folder at the Laptop I did not see the files, although it works with the preperated stems. Do you see your preperated files there?

Posted Sat 08 Jul 23 @ 12:05 pm
I don't think they're picked up by the database but they still work so all good.

Posted Sat 08 Jul 23 @ 12:29 pm
Thats it. Thanks again an a great weekend for you ;-)

Posted Sat 08 Jul 23 @ 12:37 pm
I prepared the 2.0 stems with my Asus Rog notebook to be able to move them and use them on a 2011 Macbook, the procedure is correct, the file paths and folders are identical but not all of them work. Inexplicably someone doesn't work and I have to mark the name from time to time and do it again.

Posted Sat 08 Jul 23 @ 2:48 pm