Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Skin Edit Zip Issue
belacmuPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Alright, I've lost a whole morning to this issue, now reaching out to the community for help!

My goal is to edit the Traktor S8 Skin, which I have managed to do, but for whatever reason, the Cue markers have stopped showing on the track overview on my edited skin, despite me not editing anything to do with cue markers.

So I did a test. I downloaded the skin fresh, everything is as it should be. I then extracted the files, and zipped them again, nothing else. I load the skin again, which should be completely original, just unzipped and rezipped, but the issue is there now! No cue markers, just from unzipping and rezipping the original skin zip file.

I'm so lost, I don't understand how this is possible, and I think I need to eat something haha. Does anyone know what could be going on here? I'm on an Intel mac, and have tried both the system zip feature, as well as another program. I even tried doing the unzipping/rezipping on Windows VM, but then the skin didn't load at all....

Any tips or solutions out there?

Posted Thu 06 Jul 23 @ 11:11 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You can use a program like Beyond Compare to compare the original xml with your version to see where you might have made a mistake

Posted Thu 06 Jul 23 @ 11:54 am
Sorry if I wasn't clear enough, I've already done a bunch of stuff like that, and am no longer even editing the XML. Where I'm at now is I've taken the original file S8 skin zip file, unzipped it, made no changes to the files/folder, rezipped it, and then had that issue pop up. There is something weird going on with either unzipping or rezipping, I don't know if there's a certain zip algorithm that Virtual DJ expects or something like that, but I'm not modifying the original file in any way, and I'm still getting the error (which is that cue points don't show on the waveform)

Posted Thu 06 Jul 23 @ 3:39 pm
🤔🤔 Maybe the problem is that you have deleted the "clipmask" area used by the cues marks in the .png file.

Posted Thu 06 Jul 23 @ 6:46 pm
once again, I'm having issues despite not editing any of the files 😅 just with zipping/unzipping (or something past my understanding). I'm taking the original skin file, unzipping it, rezipping it, and having issues with the resulting file.

Posted Thu 06 Jul 23 @ 9:28 pm