Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Plans to change från Pc to Mac after 20 years on VDJ - looking for recommendation on HW
PuttePRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hello, after almost 20 years as a PC user of VDJ, I am thinking of trying to get a mac laptop for VDJ, as I feel that my PC today does not fix stems 2.0 live and that it takes time to load my music videos, You who run VDJ on an apple laptop and play videos / karaoke, does it work flawless for you, which model would you recommend that I buy, model, size, memory, cpu etc?. Thanks in advance and have a nice weekend

Posted Sat 24 Jun 23 @ 8:46 am
There is a saying in Germany
Cobbler stick to your last
I have a Windows laptop and a MacBook Pro
I hardly ever use the MacBook!!!

Posted Sat 24 Jun 23 @ 9:33 am
There is definitely something going on with either newer laptops or Windows 11 just now. Loads of posts across various forums about music skipping, jumping or cutting off.

I recently tested three high end windows machines and each of them had show stopping issues and really bad latency. Even after extensive evaluation the problems were unsolveable, so I'm back to my 2019 Lenovo C940 on Windows 10 and MCX8000 controller which works faultlessly every time.

Something isn't working properly just now and it's a bigger issue that needs investigated as it will be more of a problem as people upgrade to newer hardware and newer PCs. Possibly a Windows 11 update that's messed something up in the background.

Posted Sat 24 Jun 23 @ 10:02 am
See what this laptop manufacturer writes

Unfortunately, both the XMG DJ 15 and the XMG PRO 15 Audio are currently sold out. Normally, a placeholder text like this one would not be necessary and we would have had successors on offer for a long time - the fact that it appears at this point is due to circumstances that we cannot influence directly.

Modern Standby, the new standard for laptop power management, and the changes it brings make it impossible to launch a laptop that can honestly be called "audio-optimized." This affects not only us, but also every other manufacturer. The reason for this is explicitly not Windows 11 as the operating system on the new devices, but fundamental changes at the hardware level, which we can only approach step by step.

If all goes as expected, XMG could become the world's first manufacturer to ship modern-standby laptops optimized for professional audio, but that's still a while away and we can't make any promises at this point. We thank you for your interest and will keep you up to date!

Posted Sat 24 Jun 23 @ 10:38 am