Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Logs: "Set not stored because length below 20 minutes"
adamPRO SubscriberMember since 2022
If I run into issues with a CDJ or midi, have to restart VDJ, VDJ crashes, or have to restart my computer, and the set is below 20 minutes, it seems I lose the track history.

In logs it says "Set not stored because length below 20 minutes"

How can I turn this off?

Posted Sun 18 Jun 23 @ 4:45 am
I believe that is the online cloud registration (that's where "sets" are stored)
The local history (so the text file and the playlist) should get created/updated as soon as a single tracks is registered as played.
Since my historyDelay is set to 15 sec, the history registration including playlist works fine for me, after playing just 15 sec of just one track (I just tested it)
Of course if VDJ crashes or locks up, then all bets are off. Like everything else it generally only works if VDJ is shutdown in the regular way

Posted Mon 19 Jun 23 @ 6:56 am
Can we make it update when there's an edit? Or even just save every, say, 5 minutes?
Now that you've mentioned it, I also notice that I lose my sidelist (pretty important if something happens mid-set), updates to playlists/smart folders, if there's a crash.
Has been a non issue with Rekordbox and Traktor; I'm surprised it's an issue with VDJ.

Posted Mon 26 Jun 23 @ 7:21 am
user25889780 wrote :
Now that you've mentioned it, I also notice that I lose my sidelist (pretty important if something happens mid-set), updates to playlists/smart folders, if there's a crash.

If there is a crash - which there shouldn't be, I haven't had a crash in the public version in 10+ years - then all bets are off, because then VDJ is not in control. Obviously - something just crashed it (most likely a driver)

user25889780 wrote :
Has been a non issue with Rekordbox and Traktor; I'm surprised it's an issue with VDJ.

It will be the same in Rekordbox and Traktor if they crash
But like I said - that should never really happen

Posted Mon 26 Jun 23 @ 7:25 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The local track history should be saved as soon as the song is marked played, so even after a crash it should still be there.

But as Klaus mentioned, if you get crashes regularly it would be better to find the cause of the crashes, as this is not normal.

Posted Mon 26 Jun 23 @ 1:21 pm
My bad here. It turned out that I'd somehow accidentallly copied a large folder and it competely filled up my music/VDJ hard drive partition. Just dawned on me.

Yup.. That'll do it! <facepalm>

A few things went wrong when setting up that night. Surprised VDJ held things together as long as it did, considering it was recording the set up until then, too! Thanks for all your help and input.

Posted Thu 13 Jul 23 @ 8:20 am