Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Team: Panels-feature - Code example please

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have the time or the will for the trial and error approach on this one.

Can the team please post an example or anything that explains the feature in full.

Thanks.

- Jim

Posted Sat 15 Nov 03 @ 10:45 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Yes, Jim! Well done!

I don't understand why the code is not avalaible at the same time the release is? You'll say it's coming soon but it's time now...

FRUiT94

Posted Sat 15 Nov 03 @ 10:55 pm
well maybe I don't have the time... :)

Posted Sun 16 Nov 03 @ 12:05 am
Jim i think his last comment was aimed at the team not you :)

Posted Sun 16 Nov 03 @ 1:47 am
Yep.

Posted Sun 16 Nov 03 @ 1:53 am
Oh my dear mr. DJ walkers....
My last comment was an addition to my first comment, where I say I have the time and the will.

But thank you for informing me on how it might be interpreted. :)

- Jim

Posted Sun 16 Nov 03 @ 9:07 pm
oh dear i'll keep quiet next time lol :P

Posted Mon 17 Nov 03 @ 1:18 am
@Dj Walkers,

Me thinks thine send finger hast to much strength and speed! It is now faster then thine own speed of thought! Truly the send finger gym for you has paid off! lol! ;)

Regards;

Redman247

Posted Mon 17 Nov 03 @ 10:17 am
i'm scared i may become Champion Message Typer and have to constantly train to keep the title!

Posted Mon 17 Nov 03 @ 7:26 pm
Team:

You have to define the skin-elements with 'pannel="1" ' if you want them to be part of pannel 1. ANd you can create button-elements that select the pannel to be shown. I get that...
But how do you define a panel area? You most likely have to specify a position where the pannel-background is going to be placed, and pos+size of the background-area. I have tried the most likely element-names like 'pannel value="1"'...

Am I right?

Please reply...

I don't understand why you guys don't answer this thread or update the developer-section. Do you expect us to figure this out by ourselves?

Thank y.. No I'll thank you when I get a respons.

- Jim

Posted Wed 19 Nov 03 @ 2:19 am
I tried a lot of possibilities too. Just can't get something working. This awaitening is unsupportable!

Posted Wed 19 Nov 03 @ 10:41 am
Well Jim I gess you got it. Or stills no reply for you too? Good luck.

FRUiT94

Posted Thu 20 Nov 03 @ 12:13 am
No, I havn't heard anything either. Frustrating...

Something that just takes maybe 5 minutes to write... takes days to post.

Maybe they all are extremely busy... or maybe the only person who has the answer (SCLavel) is unreachable.

I'm writing customer service...

- Jim

fruit: Are you making any new skins?

Posted Thu 20 Nov 03 @ 1:25 am
I already wrote to virtualdj service they said "wait and see" as always.

I am preparing a skin that would have a CMX 3000 style but without the pannels, the project is asleep. Also I am updating the CDJ700 with new features and bug corrections.

And you?

FRUiT94

Posted Thu 20 Nov 03 @ 8:52 am
Could the dev staff give a date?

Posted Fri 21 Nov 03 @ 3:31 pm
New name, same embarrasing "support"...

They really seem to think that people are willing to spend 7 hard years trying to figure out how to use their skin-engine..

I remember several features in the skinengine of AtomixMP3 that remain a mystery more or less until people like Jim and Jan' gave us usable examples to copy... :)

How hard can it be to write down an explanation of each feature as it is being developed and then post it in the reference-sheet?

Or is it perhaps the English translation that is taking forever?
A very wise man (Frenchman, I must add) once said:
"Most of the time I find it easier to understand an Arab speaking English than a Frenchman speaking 'English'." :D

I try not to be prejudice about anything or anyone but VirtualDJ/AtomixMP3 are really handle in very "French" maner... :(

Posted Fri 27 Feb 04 @ 4:41 pm
There already a reference sheet, buddy.

Posted Fri 27 Feb 04 @ 10:29 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Jim if you haven't reached anyone please write through e service and I will make sure someone corporate reads your mail.

Posted Thu 04 Mar 04 @ 3:19 pm
Hi Homeboy.

An old topic is resurrected... :) I allready understand how to use panels. thanks... the ref-sheet provided enough info.

But it would be a good idea to post examples... so that beginners can better learn how to use this feature.

Thanks

- Jim Nordic

Posted Thu 04 Mar 04 @ 11:16 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)