Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: VDJ crashes when load the song - Page: 1
From the same folder some songs loading fine, and some causing VDJ to crash when loading

Posted Wed 07 Jun 23 @ 7:18 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Could you share one file so we could test and reproduce it?

Posted Wed 07 Jun 23 @ 7:20 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
There is a known issue in current Early Access which we are looking at but so far unable to reproduce.
Is it always the same Tracks that crash ?
Is it Tracks that have never been played/scanned before ?

For now, we recommend to revert to the Public Build 7555, but would help to provide some feedback as above before you do that.

Posted Wed 07 Jun 23 @ 7:41 pm
All of the tunes are not loading. When loads, VDJ freezes up and then shots down.

Posted Wed 07 Jun 23 @ 10:16 pm
djcel wrote :

I dont see any options to upload file

Posted Wed 07 Jun 23 @ 10:18 pm
djdad wrote :
There is a known issue in current Early Access which we are looking at but so far unable to reproduce.
Is it always the same Tracks that crash ?
Is it Tracks that have never been played/scanned before ?

For now, we recommend to revert to the Public Build 7555, but would help to provide some feedback as above before you do that.

All of the tunes worked fine before latest update, are not loading. When loads, VDJ freezes up and then shots down.

Posted Wed 07 Jun 23 @ 10:19 pm
STATION7 wrote :
djcel wrote :

upload to google drive, dropbox, or similar and share link and they can look at it

Posted Wed 07 Jun 23 @ 10:40 pm
wildcountryclub wrote :
STATION7 wrote :
djcel wrote :

upload to google drive, dropbox, or similar and share link and they can look at it

Who do i share with or the address

Posted Wed 07 Jun 23 @ 10:49 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I have just tested the file and no crash on my side.

1) How do you load it? From Folder, from virtual folder, from filter, from desktop?
2) Do you see the status in the browser (maybe "computing stems deck i")?
3) Always with flac files?

+ questions from djdad:
4) Is it always the same Tracks that crash ?
5) Is it Tracks that have never been played/scanned before ?

Posted Thu 08 Jun 23 @ 6:15 am
I load from SD drive. Mp3. Flac. Wave. Doesn't matter, always worked fine . Now when load vdj freeze up for a moment and then crashes. Probably need to reinstall vdj

Posted Thu 08 Jun 23 @ 11:56 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Can you try the following:
-Make sure to wait until the 'Starting Stems Engine' in the browser disappears before loading the first song
-Open %localappdata%\VirtualDJ\Cache\ and delete cache2.db and cache3.db then start VirtualDJ

Posted Thu 08 Jun 23 @ 12:00 pm

Posted Thu 08 Jun 23 @ 1:29 pm
Adion wrote :
Can you try the following:
-Make sure to wait until the 'Starting Stems Engine' in the browser disappears before loading the first song
-Open %localappdata%\VirtualDJ\Cache\ and delete cache2.db and cache3.db then start VirtualDJ

Will try it. Thanks

Posted Thu 08 Jun 23 @ 1:31 pm
Thank you all . Problem solved. Downgraded to V7555. Dont know how did i get early release v7582 and i don't get why vdj would even have early beta releases available for downloads and upgrades.

Posted Thu 08 Jun 23 @ 4:03 pm
simple: you had early access updates enabled in Options - it doesn't enable itself - the user has to do it.

and early access updates aren't really a beta - they've already been tested - but they're released so users can test at home across a wider range of systems and set-ups to find issues that may have been missed in testing. the issue of songs loading and the software crashing is something that's happening to a few but not every user and the mare user feedback they can get - the faster they can solve any issues

Posted Thu 08 Jun 23 @ 7:09 pm

Posted Thu 08 Jun 23 @ 9:00 pm
wildcountryclub wrote :
simple: you had early access updates enabled in Options - it doesn't enable itself - the user has to do it.

and early access updates aren't really a beta - they've already been tested - but they're released so users can test at home across a wider range of systems and set-ups to find issues that may have been missed in testing. the issue of songs loading and the software crashing is something that's happening to a few but not every user and the mare user feedback they can get - the faster they can solve any issues

Perfect , it's always simple when you know and guru like yourself. But for those who dont know, it not that simple

Posted Thu 08 Jun 23 @ 10:46 pm
Exact same problem here, with all my files. Deleted cache2.db and cache3.db and the problem remains. The only thing it solves is downgrade to v7555

Posted Thu 06 Jul 23 @ 11:15 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006

Posted Fri 07 Jul 23 @ 3:51 am
I've installed both versions and both versions worked fine with no issues

Posted Fri 07 Jul 23 @ 12:29 pm
74%