Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: does the pioneer properly cut out all frequencies as in "full kill iso" in the eqs?
hh73PRO InfinityMember since 2006
did a mix today with a loaner ddj 1000 srt. i have the eqs set to full kill as always. but when starting the mix. the eqs did not cut out all the music. you could still head about 20%. very messy.

had to take my old denon mc7000 to make the mix and the eqs properly worked as "full kill" meaning when i turn the eqs to the left. NO music was heard.

i mix with the eqs not the crossfader. never used a pioneer device that bleed out the music on full kill

Posted Tue 06 Jun 23 @ 11:09 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The DDJ-1000SRT does the mixing in hardware, so the behavior of the EQ's will depend on how pioneer designed it. Not sure if there are any settings available in the pioneer control panel to change this.

Posted Tue 06 Jun 23 @ 11:17 am
i meant the new flx 10 which i ordered and waiting for. hope it doesnt act like the 1000 srt. (which is very popular)

Posted Tue 06 Jun 23 @ 11:17 am
Adion wrote :
The DDJ-1000SRT does the mixing in hardware, so the behavior of the EQ's will depend on how pioneer designed it. Not sure if there are any settings available in the pioneer control panel to change this.

i looked. didnt really see anything. but if you power on holding play and shift you get a menu.

Posted Tue 06 Jun 23 @ 11:18 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The FLX10 is fully software, so you can indeed use all of vdj's features.

For most devices you can tell by looking at the audio config in the virtualdj manual for the device.
If it has deck1/2/etc... outputs then typically faders/eq are handled by the device (and you'd need to check the device manual to see what can be configured), if you see master/headphones then everything is done by vdj.

Posted Tue 06 Jun 23 @ 11:22 am
Adion wrote :

For most devices you can tell by looking at the audio config in the virtualdj manual for the device.
If it has deck1/2/etc... outputs then typically faders/eq are handled by the device (and you'd need to check the device manual to see what can be configured), if you see master/headphones then everything is done by vdj.

oddly when i plugged the srt in. vdj noticed it. i hit the button and the default config wasnt working. like playing a song would load on 2 channels. a mess. but i suspect i need to do a factory reset of the srt.

im ebaying this thing. thats good news about the flx10 :9

Posted Tue 06 Jun 23 @ 11:44 am
Adion wrote :

i wonder if i installed rekordbox. and set up the srt like i want. it would somehow stick? whatever. my flx 10 will be here in 2 weeks.

Posted Tue 06 Jun 23 @ 11:45 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
sort of related, I had this argument elsewhere,

with HW mixers that send midi
there's nothing preventing the software reading the dial and when the dial is @zero, it sending music with eq_kill_low on to the usb channel.

even if fake_eq won't play nice with eq_kill_*, what you see on skin is just representative, fake_eq need not be on, the midi sent need not control the sw mixer.

Posted Tue 06 Jun 23 @ 11:45 am
locodog wrote :

there's nothing preventing the software reading the dial and when the dial is @zero, it sending music with eq_kill_low on to the usb channel.

even if fake_eq won't play nice with eq_kill_*, what you see on skin is just representative, fake_eq need not be on, the midi sent need not control the sw mixer.

odd when playing yt vids or using vlc to play files the eqs would do a full kill. not that i needed to. but was testing.

Posted Tue 06 Jun 23 @ 12:11 pm
ok there is a setting on the rst. "low cut eq level" i goes from 1 to 30. i set it to 1. its a little but better. but still not totally cut. maybe if i install rb.

Posted Tue 06 Jun 23 @ 12:27 pm
hh73 wrote :
ok there is a setting on the rst. "low cut eq level" i goes from 1 to 30. i set it to 1. its a little but better. but still not totally cut. maybe if i install rb.

wow i hate rb. crashes on windows 11. need to set it to compatibility with windows 8 ffs. dont see a fullkill setting. ill wait for the flx10

Posted Tue 06 Jun 23 @ 12:37 pm
According to a post on the Pioneer DJ forum, it is not possible to add a full EQ kill feature to the DDJ-1000SRT through a firmware update 1. However, your feedback has been considered for future models 1.

according to chat gpt. well thats says it all. ebaying this thing now. what a dumb thing to omit.

Posted Tue 06 Jun 23 @ 12:49 pm
Yes, the Pioneer DJ FLX 10 does support full kill on the EQs. You can press the headphones [CUE] button (on the channel) while holding down the [SHIFT] button to switch between EQ mode and Part ISO mode for the EQ knobs on the channels that are controlling DJ software1.

says chat gpt. :)

Posted Tue 06 Jun 23 @ 12:51 pm
hh73 wrote :
locodog wrote :

odd when playing yt vids or using vlc to play files the eqs would do a full kill. not that i needed to. but was testing.

the 1000 srt is hardware borked that you cant have full kill eqs. why i dont know. a lot of people use this. ugh

Posted Tue 06 Jun 23 @ 1:17 pm