Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: ASUS 2023 G16 i7 LAPTOP
so I brought a new laptop to replace my 5-year-old one. having some real problems just wondering if anyone else has done the same. I have added a 2nd nvme to the device. but getting some bad latency problems and distorted sound, I use a Prime 4 I know its stand-alone but been using virtual dj for over 15 years so hard to stop. so anyone else had this problem? if I use the last stable it works, but if I update to the latest beta... it just drops out all the time resets opens and closes. have tried all the latency fixes I can find. Any help would be great!

Posted Mon 05 Jun 23 @ 7:36 pm
Hola tengo un asus ux317 y actualice a b7572 y tuve problemas. Volvi a la version anterior 7555 y todo bien.

Posted Mon 05 Jun 23 @ 7:41 pm
There is an issue with the current early release build, just go back until a fix is released.

I've found gaming laptops to be terrible for latency, sent 3 of them back and have just reverted to my 4 year old C940 which runs the Denon ASIO drivers perfectly. The latest Lenovo one just kept cutting the audio off for absolutely no reason.

Posted Mon 05 Jun 23 @ 7:48 pm
Hi thank you for the replies, I have rolled back and hope it helps. I should have gone with an XPS I was using Alienware before and should have stuck with DELL, might have to return this one. going to install fresh see if it helps guess these test programs like latency mon etc don't work properly for anyone on new style cpus with different kinds of cores. was thinking that might be the problem with virtual dj... guess we will see.. thank you again

Posted Mon 05 Jun 23 @ 8:12 pm
Alienware here. No issues with latency or anything else.

Posted Mon 05 Jun 23 @ 9:10 pm
I'm using an Asus ROG M16 without any issues "out of the box"
It's not about the brand. It's kind of model specific.
I know a lot of users with Dells having tremendous latency issues. I also know a few without issues.
I know a lot of users with Asus machines working perfectly fine, but I also know a few cases they don't.

A specific brand/model combo that works well on one generation may not work well on the next generation, and vice versa. That's common these days on almost all consumer grade products.
Take a look at cars brands/models for instance..

Anyway, the main point here is that you must test and see if it's the computer itself, one of it's many settings, the drivers, or your controller that has the issue.
Because otherwise even if you change laptop, you will most likely have the same issue again.

Posted Tue 06 Jun 23 @ 8:21 am