Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Virtual DJ lagging
I wondered if anyone had an answer for me on this please.

When I play out - I play with a MacBook Pro with Vdj8 along with a ddj400 controller.
I then plug this into a djm900 via normal rca/red white cables.

I’ve noticed that when I play in a bar or small club - this works absolutely fine. When I play in larger venues where the master sound is being controlled by a audio booth and technician at the back of the room - I noticed my virtual dj looks like it’s lagging and gittery on the screen. This scares me and makes me uncomfortable playing so I do everything very slowly and not my usual self.
I am not technical enough to know why the sound set up is effecting my laptop. Or is it do with the the power going into the mixer effecting my controller?

Any help appreciated. Thanks

Posted Thu 04 May 23 @ 8:28 pm
Any help much appreciated.

Posted Sat 06 May 23 @ 10:34 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Affects sound too or just visual lag on the skin ?

Posted Sat 06 May 23 @ 11:19 pm
deleted as I didnt read the post to well and was not relevant

Posted Sun 07 May 23 @ 9:45 pm
djdad wrote :
Affects sound too or just visual lag on the skin ?

It hasn’t effected sound. Just seems to lag on the skin.
My concerns come from last year - when I noticed a similar lag the sound would tent to cut out too. The programme would still be running but with no sound. It would take a restart to bring this back.
I thought I’d corrected that - by making sure both apple and vdj softwares were up to date and updating firmware on the controller.

I suppose my question is - is the visual lagging normal? I don’t understand too much about the tech power side but I can’t see why this would happen. Thank you.

Posted Tue 09 May 23 @ 7:35 am