Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Stems 2.0
Hi guys I have a doubt regarding the process of using Stems during live performances without preparing them upfront, which is the option I use as I dont know which songs I will play in a gig.

Look at my config in the attachment 1.

When I load a song, in the stems pads area there's a icon describing the stem creation process and after few seconds the icon becomes a check mark and the desciption is "Stems Ready" (see attachment 2).
In the meantime in the status bar I have another notification saying "Computing Stems Deck 1 (33%)" and it takes a couple of minute to complete (see attachment 3).

Now my doubt is: I have to wait the stems computing in order to use Stems 2.0 on that specific track I am about to play even though the other indicator says "Stems ready"?

Pleas advise!

Posted Mon 27 Mar 23 @ 2:45 pm
The "stems ready" indicator shows that you're safe to start playing the track, as the analysis is far enough ahead to make it safe to do so. The "computing" message show the overall progress (beginning to end).

Posted Mon 27 Mar 23 @ 4:45 pm
groovindj wrote :
The "stems ready" indicator shows that you're safe to start playing the track, as the analysis is far enough ahead to make it safe to do so. The "computing" message show the overall progress (beginning to end).

Thanks...I would like to understand what is processing in that couple of minutes....lol

Posted Tue 28 Mar 23 @ 6:25 am