Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Trying my hand with video fx
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013

It's much to look at but I'm pleased to see it. I know nico has a resize plugin [I'm using some of his source to piece together a plugin from a stand alone dx11 engine tutorial.
I got side tracked hooking the sliders up to variables like get_beat & get_beatgrid.
making the image bounce around, there's probably a plugin or 2 doing this sort of thing.
So if you've got any ideas, speak up.

Posted Sat 18 Mar 23 @ 4:49 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
You should download by using NuGet packages in Visual Studio 2022:
"directxtk_desktop_win10" or "directxtex_desktop_win10"

Posted Sat 18 Mar 23 @ 7:06 pm
one of the first steps in the tutorials I'm following was build DirectXTK

Posted Sat 18 Mar 23 @ 7:32 pm

I CAN HAZ CAT!,
this won't mean anything to most people, but I hit a target, a personal goal. I rendered a cat. [out of proportion and oversized for his origin 100*100 pxl.] And now I've put a cat picture on the internet.

Posted Sat 25 Mar 23 @ 8:48 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Congratz :D

Posted Sat 25 Mar 23 @ 8:50 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004

Posted Mon 27 Mar 23 @ 6:34 am
Thanks the pipeline helps.
It really is "from device you can create thing", "then from thing you can create other thing".
it all seems laboured that I need to do and keep track of all the in-between but then the topic is a way bigger than the stupid stuff I'm doing.
so I'm out of my depth quickly

I think my understanding is hampered as I keep applying analog CRT thinking, [because really it is just lines of pixels in my head] I suppose it is the same, just but with many many electron guns.

Posted Mon 27 Mar 23 @ 3:06 pm

so I have cat.png with alpha as a source
and I've got this far [with help] [cat renders over deck shader]

looking at adjustable alpha

*edit*
As I was typing I decided to take a stab at an idea,

probably a stupid way to do it [the code had provision to deal with user adjust alpha some where] but it works, just nobody tell the code police, it'll be fine

Posted Mon 27 Mar 23 @ 3:57 pm
I've size, moving, scaling down now, but having some troubles with some image dimensions,
pulling png is reliable except one file gives me negative numbers [pic renders correctly in vdj, and checked the header it really is a png] and the data at 16 & 20 really is negative

then there's jpg I've tried about 3 no library methods but there's always one file [always different for different methods] that doesn't right.
Is there a small library you could recommend?

Posted Tue 28 Mar 23 @ 3:21 pm
never mind, I put 2 & 2 together

D3D11_TEXTURE2D_DESC, will give me real dimensions

Posted Tue 28 Mar 23 @ 5:15 pm