Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Issue whit JOG_BEND
Hello all,
I'm new here so first of all thank you everyone for your answers on this forum, it help a lot.
I create a new topic here because I didn't find any answer to my question, sorry if it has already been discuss.

I recently own a HERCULES DJ CONTROL AIR+, it works perfectly with VDJ, but I would like to map my JOG_BEND button other way than factory. Actually, I can move forward/backward in a song when playing ONLY if I use the touchwheel function. If I want to fastforward/backward only by turning the jogwheel, I can't, well in fact I can but only if the song is cueing.

In others terms JOG_BEND = Turning the wheel without pressing it, JOG_SCRATCH = turning the wheel AND pressing it. JOG_BEND seems to work with jogSensitivityCue and JOG_SCRATCH with jogSensitivityScratch.

What I would like it's to be able to use JOG_BEND while my songs are playing, because it's not very convenient that I have to press the wheel when I want to Beat-Matching.
I searched but I've no idea how i could do that.

If i could keep JOG_SCRATCH like this, it will be nice, then I would have 2 wheel speed, but if not possible it's ok too.

Thank for your help, and sorry for bad english, french DJ here... :)

Posted Sun 26 Feb 23 @ 11:41 pm
I don't understand what you want to do in order to help.
However here's a quick explanation of how it works out of the box:
1) Vinyl mode enabled:
Touch/Press the JOG on the top and move it = Scratch
Move the jog by it's side = Pitch Bend (Alter the playback speed for a moment to match beats)
2)1) Vinyl mode disabled:
Always perform pitch bend.

So, possibly (depending on what you want to do) you can either turn on/off vinyl mode, or try to move the jog by it's sides when vinyl mode is active.

Posted Mon 27 Feb 23 @ 10:11 pm
As PhantomDeeJay says... not sure what you wish to do.

user26799424 wrote :
JOG_BEND seems to work with jogSensitivityCue and JOG_SCRATCH with jogSensitivityScratch.

additionally, there is also jogSensitivityBend for the sensitivity when pitch bending (track playing)
(see Phantom's awesome above explanation for when in pitch bend mode)

jogSensitivityCue adjusts sensitivity of wheel when cueing (track NOT playing)

Posted Mon 27 Feb 23 @ 11:08 pm
possibly means:

touchwheel 'search'
and
touchwheel_touch 'search'

"press shift and then use the jog to search in the song"

Posted Mon 27 Feb 23 @ 11:36 pm