Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Exclude a repertory with quickfilter
Dear VDJ Team,

I am both all style and cuban salsa dj. when i play all style i do not want to see salsa tracks appear n search db

For that i tried to create a quickfilter : File Path doesn't contain "E:\Musiques MASTER SALSA"

However, the tracks still appear when filter is activated. For example all the songs locayed here :

E:\Musiques MASTER SALSA\SALSA CUBAINE\Maykel Blanco y Su Salsa Mayor - Soy Lo Que Te Hala (2010)

Am i missing something ?

Thanks

Posted Mon 13 Feb 23 @ 10:02 pm
In an effort to help.

Tested and I also cannot get the: File Path doesn't contain to work.

all the other conditionals work: List, is, is not, contains, starts with, ends with, <<< ALL WORK.

and the doesn't contain, also does NOT work with say, File Name.

Does the doesn't contain part, need to be separated by a space to be seen by the quick_filter?

---------
win 10
ver 7445

Posted Mon 13 Feb 23 @ 11:39 pm
It works fine here.
However:
1) If you use file path as criteria then you need to omit the drive letter:

2) If you usefile name you need to omit the path

Posted Tue 14 Feb 23 @ 2:32 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
It works fine here.
However:
1) If you use file path as criteria then you need to omit the drive letter:

2) If you usefile name you need to omit the path

AWESOME :)

Thanks a lot it works !

Posted Tue 14 Feb 23 @ 6:05 am
Oh Yes ! File Path File Path doesn't contain Tidal DOES WORK, when created with the Instant filter editor.
Great info, to know NOT to add the drive letter in the path!

I have way to many quick_filters to create a numbered quick_filter with the editor, to test.

---------------
Creating this Custom button quick_filter script (and all others for "File Path", except one) WORK(s)

And this quick_filter does NOT WORK:

SUMMARY:
Yet as you mention, the File Path File Path doesn't contain Tidal Does work if created with the Instant Filter Editor.

The custom button script: quick_filter 'File Path doesn't contain Tidal' Does NOT work.

and the custom button script does work for every other conditional, for File Path. (List, is, is not, contains, starts with, ends with)

-------------------
PS all the above applies equally to File Name.
IE works when created with editor, does not work with a quick_filter script (for only doesn't contain

Posted Tue 14 Feb 23 @ 9:05 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
doesn't contains the same kind of quotes as you used in your script, so it will see doesn' as the end of the parameter.
You can use double quotes (") instead in your script

Posted Tue 14 Feb 23 @ 9:15 am
Smiles you are so correct Adion yes..

thanks so much, for pointing that out !

(was thinking, maybe better to change doesn't >>> does not, for scripting ease ?) a thought.

had me confused :)

and probably not easy to retroactively change, for compatibility with currently created scripts.

Posted Tue 14 Feb 23 @ 9:26 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
"doesnt contain" without quote will actually work as well :)

Posted Tue 14 Feb 23 @ 9:39 am
Awesome .. even better

thank you

Love quick filters :)

Posted Tue 14 Feb 23 @ 9:41 am