Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Pro License Issue
VDJ Team,
I have a MC3000, MC4000, and a MC6000 I just purchased. My PRO license only shows up to unlock features while I am online and logged in.
For my 3000 and 6000. Why? I do not log into ANY internet because of virus threats, so my features for the 3000 and 6000 are locked. How do I get me license to stay embedded for these devices?

Posted Sat 11 Feb 23 @ 2:21 am
Should work for all controllers.

Support can get you an offline license file if you contact them and it's needed.

Seriously though, there's no need not to be on the internet any more, it's not 2001.

Posted Sat 11 Feb 23 @ 8:25 am
Kradcliife, thanks for that tip, but I couldn’t disagree with you more. Your onsite unit should NEVER be on the internet. One virus sneaks in at a show, like a wedding, and you are screwed. Additionally, not every area I work has guest internet, or service at all. Mobile DJ’s have different concerns. After 40 years in this business, I’ve seen a lot of messes, and I don’t want to be in that discussion. I do appreciate the heads up on the file. I hope they actually send one. Take good care. DJ Nick.

Posted Sat 11 Feb 23 @ 8:44 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You don't need to be permanently connected either, you can connect once to login to virtualdj, and after that you don't have to be online anymore.

Posted Sat 11 Feb 23 @ 8:51 pm
Adion, that's the issue. I do login from home, the Pro License shows up in the right box, but as soon as I disconnect from the internet, the Pro License disappears. This is for both my MC3000 and my MC6000 Denon units, so I assume this is a VDJ issue, not Denon.

Posted Mon 13 Feb 23 @ 5:13 pm
Setting stayLoggedIn = yes

Posted Mon 13 Feb 23 @ 6:13 pm
What do you mean by "disconnect from the internet"?

If you LOG OUT of VirtualDJ then yes the license file will get deleted - but you don't need to log out.

Posted Mon 13 Feb 23 @ 6:13 pm
Guys, really appreciate the input, but again, I should not need to log in every time I start VDJ. On my MC4000, once I logged in the through the VDJ site the first time, it loaded my PRO Infinity license and I never had to “log in” again. I should not have to go on the internet every time I DJ for my license to operate fully. I have checked “Remember Me”, and the other suggestions people make. It all comes down to my license not showing up in the program unless I am logged in online.
I did send VDJ a message and they have not returned my calls or emails about sending me a file to load my license which is BS.. They should at least acknowledge my email request.

Posted Wed 15 Feb 23 @ 12:08 am
Try renaming your settings.xml file so a new one is created. See if that sorts it for you.

Posted Wed 15 Feb 23 @ 12:33 am