Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Automix lost after crash!
So I lost several hours work after a VDJ crash because the Automix wasn't saved in any way, it seems I'm not the first. Something you only find out when a crach ovvurs.

So firstly a request for this to be addressed with some form of automatic save in the background, much like any other modern application! Or is there a setting I need to enable this?

Secondly to alleviate this issue I am trying to write a script where at least if I hit CTRL+S I can get it to save the Automix to a file. So simply I am mapping the action playlist_save to CTRL+S. However this opens a dialogue where I need to specify the file name. So then I tried something like playlist_save "AFileName" on the expectation that either the dialogue wouldn't be shown and the given name is used, or at least the dialoge would have this name in it, no such luck.

So is this possible?

Dave.

Posted Wed 01 Feb 23 @ 1:22 pm
Yes, you can save the automix as a playlist under the "dot" menu in the top right corner
... but it is really supposed to be an organic list

Posted Wed 01 Feb 23 @ 1:32 pm
you could prepare an automix list as a regular playlist and turn on auto save then when its needed drag to automix tab

Posted Wed 01 Feb 23 @ 1:41 pm
Maybe better to investigate why you're getting crashes as that isn't normal

Posted Wed 01 Feb 23 @ 2:04 pm
klausmogensen wrote :
Yes, you can save the automix as a playlist under the "dot" menu in the top right corner
... but it is really supposed to be an organic list

Well that's not an autosave option, whether organic or not, my work was lost.

Posted Wed 01 Feb 23 @ 8:15 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
Maybe better to investigate why you're getting crashes as that isn't normal

It's not a regular occurrence, but incredibly inconvenient when it does happen. The onus surely should be on VDJ to either 100% prevent crashes, which is an unreasonable expectation, or to include options that limit the impact of a crash, for example an autosave.

Posted Wed 01 Feb 23 @ 8:17 pm