Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Virtual djay 2023 crackling and stuttering
I have a new cpu with a Ryzen 9 7900x processor, 32gb ddr5 ram a nvidia Gforce fix 3070 gpu windows 10 and plenty of cooling fan. I’m only running VDJ , when loading a track while another is playing and the new track is computing in realtime mode the playing track may start stuttering and I can hear crackling in the background until the stems computing process ends. When using gpu mode it takes about 7seconds to compute if I tick do not use gpu the issue stops but the computing goes up to 40 seconds or more. Is there any settings that can be adjusted to fix the issue while using real time mode

Posted Sat 28 Jan 23 @ 12:24 pm
Same crackling issue during stems v2 compute with my rtx 3080 and AMD Ryzen 5600x, Windows 10 . Latest VDJ build.
Looking forward to a response.

Posted Sun 29 Jan 23 @ 6:39 pm
proartPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Same crackling, stuttering issue with AMD 5700 APU on B550 MoBo, 32GB Ram, RTX3060 12GB, Windows 11 2022. But only using certain ASIO Drivers (Motu M4, Zoom U-24, reloop ready).

With generic WDM Drivers there is no crackling and stuttering, but the latency is for monitoring the Mic or scratching not acceptable. The ASIO drivers must be uninstalled before using the WDM driver.

@Adion
This issue persists on all VDJ 2023 versions I've tried with my AMD + Nvidia on Win11 Desktop PC & ASIO Drivers. Also with AMD 5700 APU on B450 MoBo, 32GB Ram, GTX1660 6GB, Windows 11 2021.

Posted Sun 29 Jan 23 @ 7:16 pm
SepatroPRO InfinityMember since 2019
Has this issue been solved now? I have encountered it since Windows decided to update.

Posted Tue 14 Feb 23 @ 1:12 pm
You need to provide a lot more information. The issue is not with VDJ, so please give details of you computer, your controller or audio interface, audio buffer settings etc.

Posted Tue 14 Feb 23 @ 5:44 pm
SepatroPRO InfinityMember since 2019
Well, it's VDJ that is crackling and stuttering.

Laptop is a gaming laptop (16GB RAM, Intel, RTX3060, Windows 11). When I connect my controller (Roland DJ 808, ASIO drivers) it suffers from many things (crackling, stuttering, distortion, extremely slow stems computation, ...). Without my controller, the sound (through the laptop speakers) sounds terribly distorted. Note that one week ago all went smoothly, I have been using this configuration for months. It must have something to do with either a VDJ update, or a Windows 11 update - but the current combination of both does not work (for me).

Posted Wed 15 Feb 23 @ 1:41 pm