Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Brief Crash Then Restart
Last weekend just before my gig started, VDJ disappeared on my screen for a split second. When it came back, it was if I had just launched it for the first time that day.

Essentially everything that was in place from my previous session was there. For instance, the shortcut folders I placed in the side view were not there, and I had to make those shortcuts again.
It wasn't a big deal, and I just assumed I might have had a very short power drop or even an HDMI cable was wiggled loose for a second (my computer was connected to a splitter that was feeding two TVs).

Well, a similar incident just happened. I'm at home prepping for tomorrow. I've had my laptop on with VDJ launched for the past few hours, and the same thing happened.

Gone for a second and back. But it had the same set-up from when I closed my laptop last night. Everything that was in the automix last night was there. The audio profile that I used last night with my 505 controller was selected, not the Rev 1 that I am currently connected to.

And the shortcut folders were not there either. I know when you close and relaunch and everything is in place from before has to do with the program properly closing out and saving settings from the last session.

So I understand why it might not be saving the current session because it is coming and going so quickly. But what might be causing it to begin with?

I am running the current version of VDJ, Current version, Inspiron 5559, 16 Gb ram, Intel Core i7, 2.5 ghz

Posted Sat 28 Jan 23 @ 6:04 am
Sounds like a crash. If you're connected to the internet it should be uplosded to Atomix for analysis.

Posted Sat 28 Jan 23 @ 7:18 am
A similar thing happened to me last night, VDJ disappeared during mid-set then came back after maybe 10–15 secs. I pressed play for the next song and maybe within a minute it again disappeared for around the same 10 - 15 secs, VDJ then reappeared again. It continued to work as normal till I finished my set.

Posted Sat 28 Jan 23 @ 11:16 am
kradcliffe wrote :
Sounds like a crash. If you're connected to the internet it should be uplosded to Atomix for analysis.

What should I upload to Atomix?

Posted Sat 28 Jan 23 @ 3:06 pm
It will upload automatically if your machine is connected to the Internet

Posted Sat 28 Jan 23 @ 4:02 pm