Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Virtual dj pro compatible to MacBook Pro with M1 processor
I bought an M1 MacBook Pro ,for some reason the virtual dj app seems to be logging when I’m playing music . It’s not running smooth compare to my old laptop the MacBook 2018 … it’s like pausing for hall a second then it will run then it will happen again every couple of seconds… I tried downloading it again and the result was the same. And it happened to me once,it just stop on me with the same problem. What do I need to do?

Posted Wed 18 Jan 23 @ 9:15 pm
How many gigs of RAM has your new MBP ?
8GB RAM is the absolutely minimum for a MBP to run by its own. So, in reality you need at least 16GB of RAM to have a nice user experience on a new MBP.
That's not taking VirtualDJ into account at all. If you read any reviews or watch any videos about the M1 MACs on YouTube, that's one of the first things you're gonna learn. That with 8GB the user experience is compromised at best. Some would call it even worse..

Posted Thu 19 Jan 23 @ 10:12 am
Hi I have the same problem too with VDJ 2023 Mac version but if u uninstall that & reinstall to VDJ 2021 old version- computer doesn't freeze & run smoother on MacBook Pro M1 computer.

Posted Wed 01 Feb 23 @ 12:26 pm