Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Stems 2.0
Virtual DJ has been preparing stems for 2 days and still only 20% completed. I am using a Nvidia GeForce GTX HP gaming laptop. Is there a way to speed up the process? Also it suggested letting stems prepare while I am not actively DJing so I have just been letting it run.

Please help as I don't not want to switch to Serato!!!!

Posted Tue 17 Jan 23 @ 9:45 pm
Boswell OnMy Baq wrote :
Virtual DJ has been preparing stems for 2 days and still only 20% completed. I am using a Nvidia GeForce GTX HP gaming laptop. Is there a way to speed up the process? Also it suggested letting stems prepare while I am not actively DJing so I have just been letting it run.

Posted Wed 18 Jan 23 @ 12:22 am
no need to bump posts. the info at the right of the post description show how many times its been read or viewed. 41 people had viewed it so far and when someone has info to add they will.

to speed up the process?... no not with that graphics card and about the only thing you can do is to make it stop analyzing the entire thing for STEMS 2.0...or are you planning on using EVERY track you have with stems??
off of the top of my head, i'm going to guess you never read the STEMS 2.0 FAQ at the top of the Technical support page regarding using older processors or how nvdia RTX graphics cards (or even M1 chips if you feel you must go the apple route) are now preferred. will an nvdia GTX work... probably not for real-time processing.
as for pre-computing files for STEMS 2.0... I hope you have a LOT of hard drive space for the stems files its creating and you only have yourself to blame for it taking forever with a graphics card that is not up to the task.
read the FAQ, and read up on what other users have experienced using outdated graphics cards as well.

as for 'threatening' to switch software... that's just childish to 'rage quit' when things don't go your way

https://www.virtualdj.com/forums/249163/VirtualDJ_Technical_Support/VirtualDJ_2023___Stems_2_0_-_FAQ.html

Posted Wed 18 Jan 23 @ 1:05 am
Boswell OnMy Baq wrote :

:-D
No need to do that in any case (what a weird threat)
VDJ has had stems for 2½ years, and the older version 1.0 use up way less resources than Serato's engine - so simply adjust your VDJ use to what your laptop can handle
Maybe this will inspire you:

Posted Wed 18 Jan 23 @ 9:26 am