Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Suggested Songs
I found out VDJ can suggest songs based on selected criteria, but I cannot find a filter like "choose from a specific playlist" .
I just need (Similar Key, +-5 %BPM) but I would like to select a specific Playlist for that.
Is it possible?
Moreover the suggested song is AUTOMATICALLY related to the song I am actually playing? Because in Rekordbox I used everytime to change the deck to look up for a recommendation

Thanks in advance.

Posted Sun 15 Jan 23 @ 5:00 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
there is no, "in playlist" filter. [could there be? in theory yes]
even if there was you'd still have to visit that filter, which is no time saving as you could just visit that playlist and quick filter for key & bpm.

you could use a spare tag, to catalog the playlists a track is found in, then you could have a filter criteria of say
User 2 contains "holiday" & key stuff & bpm stuff,

or a quick filter with the same criteria but type * in search before calling the quick filter

both methods require typing the desired playlist to search, so it's not really a saving, it could be done with mouse click and a custom button script but again no saving, if you're clicking to select, then why not just click to go to that playlist.
If you're going to call on a limited number of playlists [<5] then you could could do something with custom buttons browser_gotofolder and call a quick filter

or you could keyboard map to get a wider selection of playlists to visit.
there's also
search_playlists
to pull the playlist that hold the song then quick filter but again there's no real saving.

Posted Sun 15 Jan 23 @ 5:44 pm
Desr LOCODOG thanks for such a thorough response, even though I got totally lost...Im new to VDJ coming from Rekordbox (where I could select one or multiple playlists for aong suggestions).

Thanks again and have a great rest of the day 😀

Posted Sun 15 Jan 23 @ 5:51 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
so simple way

make a quick filter for combined bpm & key.
the click the first playlist you want to include, then ctrl+click every other playlist you want to include.
browser fills with both playlists
then just turn the quick filter on.

Posted Sun 15 Jan 23 @ 5:58 pm
Thanks! appreciated!

Posted Sun 15 Jan 23 @ 7:55 pm