Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Bug in BUILD 7403
Sometimes if I change something in the options several times, for example change the skin several times, or change the waveform, then Virtual DJ gets stuck and I can no longer move the skin with the mouse. Then have to exit and restart it.
Or the controller restarts several times in a row.

Posted Wed 11 Jan 23 @ 3:26 pm
So , I think I found the problem .
I think it's the integrated skin resizer that is causing Virtual DJ to hang.
My new 2nd external monitor, which is connected to the HDMI, has WQHD 2560 x 1440 and 144hz set, of course it should work that way, that's why I bought the monitor.
Well, as I have already described, whenever I eg. open a settings window or options, for example the waveform, or want to change a skin, or want to adjust something else, the program hangs.
I can then no longer move anything in the skin.
However, I found out that if instead of exiting the program, I minimize it, it works again until I switch it back to full screen, then it happens again as soon as I open Settings.
So I assume it happens when you use a higher screen resolution.
This must be a bug in the resizer.
Also, the thing is, it only happens when you open Settings, or want to switch Waves in the top bar. So any window to adjust something. Greetings Dani

Posted Fri 13 Jan 23 @ 7:06 pm
Use screen with different frequencys is not the best idea. I have much trouble when i use one Screen with 60Hz and an other with 144hz at the same time. This problem comes from the GPU/Windows...not VirtualDJ. Test your setup with the same frequencys on all screens. Set all Screens to the frequency from the lowest (60Hz for example). Is the problem then solve?

Posted Fri 13 Jan 23 @ 7:27 pm
Both Screens have 144hz

Posted Fri 13 Jan 23 @ 7:29 pm
Damn :D

Posted Fri 13 Jan 23 @ 7:31 pm
It must be due to the larger resolution of the screen.
I never had any problems with more HZ like 120 or 144.
When I set it to 1920x1080 it works works normal , no Problem .
It also only hangs when I open options or any Window to change Setting .

Posted Fri 13 Jan 23 @ 7:33 pm
DennYo Beats wrote :
Use screen with different frequencys is not the best idea. I have much trouble when i use one Screen with 60Hz and an other with 144hz at the same time. This problem comes from the GPU/Windows...not VirtualDJ. Test your setup with the same frequencys on all screens. Set all Screens to the frequency from the lowest (60Hz for example). Is the problem then solve?

This is not always a possibility. I play gigs with my 120Hz laptop but have to plug my video output into an HDMI distribution block that is 24 hz. If I lower my laptop to that low of a refresh rate it feels unusable.

Posted Fri 13 Jan 23 @ 9:42 pm
I think I found the bug.
It is due to the V-Sync setting in the Nvidia panel.
So I tried a lot.
At first I thought it was the Freesync Premium setting that was turned on in the monitor. I turned this off but it was still like that , the error was the same .
Now I looked in the Nvidia settings. And tried a lot.
Now I saw that V-Sync was on the option (fast) ....
I now switched to V-Sync option (V-Sync on).
Since then it doesn't seem like the skin or virtual DJ gets stuck.
It's weird, although according to the description in the Nvidia Pannel V-Sync fast would be a better choice.
But Virtual Dj doesn't seem to be able to handle it with a larger monitor and higher resolution like Quad HD.

Posted Sat 14 Jan 23 @ 11:07 pm
A great find, and amazing sleuthing... DJDUTSCHI,

I have always wondered if the NVIDIA panel settings would improve VDJ (especially, the stems calculations), and have not really changed any of the panel settings.

Good to now, know one setting, not, to change.

Again great work !

Posted Sun 15 Jan 23 @ 12:53 am