Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Multiple elements causing lag
Hi, can you clarify a performance issue I have please?
I'm trying to create a skin based on the <window> element so users can drag around elements to create their own interface. The idea is to create many window 'modules' for many user configurations without the need for skinning knowledge.
It works well so far with 12 different windows, but there is a lot of choppiness to the main scrolling waveform window which is absent when the elements are coded without windows.
Is this a limitation of the way <window> works, or is there a tweak I should be aware of?

My pc is a NUC11 (i7 with RTX2060) and am using two monitors at 1920x1080.

Many thanks🙂

Posted Thu 29 Dec 22 @ 12:11 pm
It could be many things.
For starters, how many waveform elements you have used ?
Remember that even if an element is not visible, it still comsumes memory.
So, if you create 12 windows with 1 waveform in each, but you only display one, VirtualDJ still needs to account for 12.
There are work arounds for that, but it all depends on your code and on how you have implemented all the elements.

PS: Such question(s) would be better to be posted on Skins forum (in order to get better answers)

Posted Thu 29 Dec 22 @ 5:56 pm
Thanks for your response Phantomdeejay, I shall continue this discussion on the skins forum :)
I was enquiring here just in case there was a known technical issue with what I was trying, maybe a display driver issue or hardware incompatibility issue or something.

Posted Thu 29 Dec 22 @ 6:16 pm