Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Volume Output not Balanced
The overall volume output to my EV speakers is not balanced. While playing a song, one speaker is much louder than the other. That speaker’s output has too much highs and the other is too much lows. The line level for one speaker is jumping though the roof for one speaker with all the highs and isn’t moving at all for the other speaker with all the lows. When I swapped cable positions for all the equipment, I have the same result but the issue is swapped to the other speaker. The line level on the mixer and speakers isn't flashing or is low for one side (L or R) then the other. I've adjusted the gain and/or levels on controller, mixer, and speakers. Nothing seems to work. I've set everything to default and/or zero and still get the same result.
I’m just getting started with DJing so please excuse my Vernacular while trying to explain my issue to you all.
I've changed out the XLR Cables, Yamaha mixer, active speakers and subs. I've swapped the cables plugged into the master outputs coming from the Pioneer controller.

List of equipment;
Software - Virtual DJ 2023
Controller - Pioneer DDJ-SR2
Mixer - Yamaha MG10XU
2 Subs
2 Active Tops - EV ZLX-12BT
Cables - Pig Hug XLR

Posted Wed 28 Dec 22 @ 1:29 pm
Just a case of trying all combinations to see where the issue is in a sequential order.

Posted Wed 28 Dec 22 @ 1:44 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
Just a case of trying all combinations to see where the issue is in a sequential order.

After four weeks of deal with this issue testing and running through cable by cable and equipment by equipment, I have finally resolved this nagging problem. I'm so embarrassed to admit it but the gain knob on one of my EV's was turned down. What's not funny, I remember turning it down.

Thank you kradcliffe

Posted Wed 28 Dec 22 @ 3:46 pm
DJ Kennections wrote :
kradcliffe wrote :

After four weeks of deal with this issue testing and running through cable by cable and equipment by equipment, I have finally resolved this nagging problem. I'm so embarrassed to admit it but the gain knob on one of my EV's was turned down. What's not funny, I remember turning it down.

Thank you kradcliffe

Yup, I think most of us Been there

Posted Wed 28 Dec 22 @ 4:24 pm
The only reason I suggested that is that I've been there myself :)

Posted Wed 28 Dec 22 @ 4:33 pm